Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: D20 Birthright

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was wondering, if there would come some kind of D20 module for birthright, what kind of module would you be interested in?

- revised rules, cerilia 50 years later
    - adventures
    - book of guildcraft
    - more players secret of....
    - SW modules

something else?
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would like to see more of the topic that hasn´t been talked about.
    1.where was the humanoid gods in Deismaar?
    2.more info about the humaoid gods.

I would not like cerila 50 years later. Just revised rules. My party has been developing cerile for some time and I would not like it if some other strain of time would rule cerila 50 years later.

More player secret.
    Info about the shadow world.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A balanced and comprehensive set of rules gives us more time to play and less time to argue. We have a campaign running and a 50 year hop would be a waste of ink on us.
    __
    O.

Downloads
    Uploads
    50 years later would suck since we have been going for sometime like the other groups mentioned here.

We could use adventures.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Improved, Revised and Expended rules are what I'd call for. I'm personally working on an improved war system for a game I plan to start soon. Of course, I'll post details here when I've done something I like.
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,
    Would-be ruler of you all. =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would like to see a well structured, easier/faster to use set of mass combat rules for wars. With the d20 system this would be relatively easy to do.
    This is an adventure dammit! I expect to be rewarded for acts of homicide!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Temujin

Improved, Revised and Expended rules are what I'd call for. I'm personally working on an improved war system for a game I plan to start soon. Of course, I'll post details here when I've done something I like.
    There is always the AD&D Battlesystem. There are also d20 conversions for it readily available on the net.

Leland

Downloads
    Uploads
    1. Rule expansions
    2. I agree that the 50 year later thing would be a waste of ink. It would basically throw most of our campaigns out the window. (Unfortunately I have not been blessed with players who last more than a few years before losing intreest, getting kileed etc.)
    3. More player's secrets of the realms would be great.
    4. Reasonable adventures would be good. Unfortunately I have been sadly disappointed by the BR adventure sets in the past. The Sword of Roele was laughably pathetic. The monkey king??? and the combination of monsters and room contents... yeah right. did we back track to the dark ages of D&D 1st edition throw together dungeon crawling...

The Sword and the Crown at least had some element of a plot. It was a modest adventure.

More books similar to the The Legends of the Hero Kings would help. I prefer basic outlines and ideas. Just enough to get the ball rolling (my brain gets burned out after years of playing...) and then letting the GM take over or tailor it to their campaign.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ... the Player's Secrets. I think Cerilia has a lot to develop. A friend of mine designed some languages for Cerilia, and I'll try to convince him on posting them here. Now, I've started a game based on the South Coast, I have had a lot of problems with Diemed and Mieres... Even the Spiderfell!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Should the supplements ever start coming out again, or if someone is ambitious enough to submit to the writers guild, I have to side with the majority that changing the BR setting (adding another 50 years of history) would not be worthwhile.

Completing the Players Secrets Series of all "Suitable for Players" realms should be a high priority. If not this, then perhaps going with a little less detail to each realm and doing regional sourcebooks, similar to the format adopted by Forgotten Realms, would be more appropriate.

Beginning a Secrets of the Blood of Darkness series that details all of the Awnsheigh's domains...perhaps a "Blood Enemies II: Realms of Abominations" book, with sections devoted to each Awnsheigh domain, instead of just the creatures themselves. (I know there was a touching of this in the Blood Enemies but much more detail is needed to bring those realms to life).

A fully backed and published, definitive Rules Expansion (a full 3rd Edition rewrite). Travis Doom's work is very good, but much more could be added.

Book of Guildcraft, Book of Guildcraft, Book of Guildcraft

Legends of the Hero-Kings II...recalling fondly the format of the old 1st edition Book of Lairs.

In the months before WotC bought out TSR, there were plans to do a whole trilogy of adventures in the SW, culminating in the Return of the Cold Rider. It would have been nice to see something like this, but considering the record of adventure quality for BR, I am luke-warm on this subject.

A completly revised and revamped war resolution system. The cards are cumbersome and awkward. Who really uses the published system anyway? The ideal system, IMO, would be a simple, streamlined system with many optional rules to bring different factors to bear. It would accomodate skirmishers and full-sized armies of thousands. Thoughts of Battlesystem are runnning through my head, but for my vision of a functional war system, minitures would not be necessary. (I think TSR Battlesystem had a simple paper and pencil resolution system, but I can't remember at the moment)

We could also beg Karyn Wynn Fonstad to do an Atlas of the Birthright World.

And now the 'modus operandi' of WotC seems to be to release a rules heavy basic system, then release a world book for different campaign worlds. It would be nothing to take all the data from Ruins of Empire, Rjurik Highlands, Cities of the Sun, Havens of the Great Bay, and Tribes of the Heartless Waste, convert to 3rd Edition, and combine into a single hardback book with 4 poster size maps that show the whole continent...just a thought.

Many of my ideas would need commercial backing, and are beyond the scope of this website...unless we start writing nasty letters to WotC, but that is just what I'd like to see.

Thread Information