Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Downloads
    Uploads

Update

I'm making a test game on my own right now - end of June I want to come back to this project.

Capricia had a nice looking webinterface for a pbem, I want to see what they got on the back end before I try doing anything else on this project. More thoughts till that time...

Generation PBEM's off the websites like Capricia's look good - maybe more automation & less interference from DM's to make being a DM easy?

The question of how people are handling sieges has always bugged me too - if the armies choose not to meet in the field of battle - but rather in siege do you wait till the enemy reduces the fortification to lvl 0 & then have a battle?

I still need time to properly read thru the wiki too

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirviriam View Post
    The question of how people are handling sieges has always bugged me too - if the armies choose not to meet in the field of battle - but rather in siege do you wait till the enemy reduces the fortification to lvl 0 & then have a battle?
    Total War games handle sieges more or less like that. When you siege a city you can build siege equipment (rams, siege towers, ladders,...) and storm the city with it. Or you can wait X turns till the city starves (you win automatically then). The defender can try to break the siege with the sieged army or with a relief army from the outside.

It's simple and it works pretty well.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If it is possible a good idea should be to introduce territorial claims and "national provinces" in the game like Hearts of Iron 2.For example Alamie should have little dissence in the original duchy and in Tuornen (if the rulers of Tuornen are all dead or recognizes Alamie's right on Tuornen) but if Alamie annex any province of Mhoried should have a LOT of dissence.Race should alter the dissence,for example Sufhanie is claimed by Alamie but the goblins of the province aren't agree with that!

Thread Information