We have some long-experienced players, students of military history, and just all around creative people here. I am curious as to what people's favorite strategic and tactical warfare systems are.

If not other systems, how satisfied are you by the Birthright resolution rules? (off the battlemat; just the BRCS units and conditional modifiers)

What suggestions do you have for amending these?

I recognize the value of BR's abstract system, allowing many explanations and much GM-arbitrated conditionality. However, desiring a more comprehensive resolution system, I would like to see more and better conditional modifiers (multiple battlefield terrain areas, weather, fatigue, discipline, effectiveness of commanders and communication systems, etc.).

I also think the lack of a logistics system, though quite understandable, leaves a lot to be desired in warfare that is normally determined by logistics issues--in that logistics determines fielded army sizes, concentrations/formations, and strategic targets. Not having supply lines to worry about, fields to forage, or much reason to skirmish, I think we have more pitched battles in BR than is realistic.

But what do you all think?