Thread: Fewer forums?

Birthright Developer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd suggest collapsing the forums a bit, along the following lines:

-A General forum - anything goes
    -A Story/History forum, where people can tell game stories, discuss background material, etc
    -A 3e forum - covering all manner of 3e rules questions, including house rules
    -A 2e forum - same
    -A forum for PBeMs - maybe include Neverwinter here, or make a separate forum for it
    -A forum for Birthright.net enhancements

Basically, the forum structure that is now has some redundancies - people post in a lot of different forums; it is impractical - if the number of forums are fewer, it will be easier for everyone to keep track of everything. The upside to a greater number of forums is that it creates some focus for discussions - but then it also somewhat restricts the debate on the boards.

How many forums do we think is ideal? Is the current number too large? Some forums hardly get any activity - how many forums are ideal?
    Jan E. Juvstad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I could see the 2nd edition forums and the 3rd edition forums being merged into 2 distinct forum instead of about 10, but I would keep the rest of them distinct.
    Respectfully submitted,

Temujin,
    Would-be ruler of you all. =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    In my oppinion so many forums are a little bit confusing (especially to those who visit the page the first time). The major problem of such a coordination is, that it takes time to find an interresting question (and may be you don't register one, because you don't visit the page). I think some topics should be reduced (melted together)...
    May Khirdai always bless your sword and his lightning struck your enemies!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would also propose to reduce the number of forums. there are not so many people around here, so a small number makes sense at all...
    my purpose is now to lead you into the Pallace where you shall have a clear and delightful view of all those various objects, and scattered excellencies, that lye up and down upon the face of creation, which are only seen by those that go down into the Seas, and by no other....

Downloads
    Uploads
    I must admit I didn't mind having all the messages spread out in the various forums...
    Being a not quite regular visitor (sometimes only every month or so), it helped having the entries classified into topics. Now I fear I'll miss many an interesting debate.
    Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said: `one CAN'T believe impossible things.'
    `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast'

-- "Through the Looking Glass", Lewis Caroll

Downloads
    Uploads
    well you DONT have to visit the forums to know what is going on.

I have build in a connection with the Birthright-L Mailing list.

ALL posts of the "Royal Library forum" and the adventure/plot forum are also send to the mailing list, and backwards.
    all messages send to the mailinglist are posted on BRnet.

Arjan.
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Thread Information