Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My point was, "They probably thought they could use the space heraldry would take more efficently by assuming the players would want to make their own coats of arms anyway."
    So as a consequence no one ever details coats of arms so that in a PC should ever play a given spot, he is free to start from scratch?

That would mean that all the nobles who are NPC's are the responsibility of the DM, or they simply have no arms described.

Describing families, NPC's, coats of arms, the look of characters is all to make the DM's job easier, not to act as a strait jacket. We should not leave DM's without NPC information because we want to leave a blank slate for PC's. And we should not assume that DM's would rather have a blank slate, because many DM's want to choose whether to keep or drop information, instead of getting nothing.

The default position should be too much information because its easier to ignore information than it is to fill in the blanks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree. I want to know what the colors and symbols of Anuire's nobility are, and I don't want to have to make it all up myself. If Ghoere has a griffon but I'd rather have Diemed have the griffon, I'll change it myself

Likewise with currencies. I'll make it more or less complicated as I wish. For example, I insist upon the Rjurik using hacksilver as a common form of currency, despite it's departure from coinage.

Thread Information