Thread: Taeghas

Hybrid View

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Taeghas

Discussion thread for Taeghas.

What is going on with this other tribe, mentioned as the Taegha? The Andu page lists the Twelve Tribes, but doesn't mention the Taegha, but does mention the Duireina, who apparently used to live in Taeghas.

I guess this is getting back to my earlier Taeghas/Brosengae/Osoerde question, but it is certainly confusing me, if no one else!
    Last edited by Thelandrin; 01-23-2008 at 01:44 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    There is a history of Taeghas/Brosengae on the Brosengae page. I've been using that as the template for the early Taeghas history. If the tribe is incorrect we need to correct it both places.

Talking Some differences with 'oficial' setting and confusing religion

Hi there, I had noticed the change of capital from Bhaine to Seasdeep. Being the only Law holding of the Regent at Bhaine, should not be more logical the seat of power will be in Bhaine instead of Seasdeep?. I noticed in the map the capital seems to be in seasdeep, but its quite illogical as well than the religion will be Haelyn only, as seems by the stats than the favoured religion should be Nesirie. Maybe it should be listed 'Haelyn and Nesirie' instead. From my point of view sounds logical than the capital will be at Bhaine, and as the WIT owns temple in the capital, somehow the State Religion even can be Haelyn, opposed to a Nesirie faith that probably will not be so worried for be the main faith and will not asks for it, although its true than according to the rules, both should be the oficial religion, but somehow I feel the Taeghas info is heavily bugged related to that..,)
    Cheers!
    Jae

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think the capital was changed, I think it was Stormpoint on the map and Bhaine in the text. I consider the map to be more authoritative than the text since making new maps seems harder than making new text. Even so...
    Quote Originally Posted by kgauck View Post
    I've included a poll to get a sense of the community.

Do we go by the map, or by the line of text on p.28 of Ruins?
    The vote was 11 for Stormpoint and 7 for Bhaine.

I added Nesirie to the listed religions. That was an oversite, Nesirie is mentioned all over the text for Taeghas.

As for the other conclusions you are drawing, I'm not sure where they come from. You seem to be suggesting there is a system of deciding who the state religion is, and that it is desirable to do so. I am curious where such methods are described.

The material on state religions in the BoP strike me as highly artificial and a wet blanket on political interaction, not a catalyst for it, which would strike me as the thing to do in a politics based game.

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, as I believe I said at the time, the obvious answer would be that both were capitals at one point. Perhaps they changed capitals when Taeghas switched from Boeruine's vassalage to Avanil's.

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The more likely time to have changed such a thing is when Taeghas acquired the three provinces that once belonged to Brosengae.

Thread Information