Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogr Aglondier

Rogr Aglondier

Discussion thread for Rogr Aglondier. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shouldn't Rogr have at least one level of Magician to represent his non-blooded magic studying years. Possible more than one, too. Even in 2nd edition, they should have had him dual-classed based on the description they gave us.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What mechanical difference would that have?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, based upon the assumption that he was the apprentice of former count of ilien before he ever had a bloodline and thus was unable to cast True Magic (requirement to have wizard level) still he should have some leverage of power based on the skills he would have acquired in the field. mechanically it would represent the story of his carreer evolution and makes sense that he didn't spent all those years studying without ever gaining the slightest bit of magic mastery. I'd give him between 1-3 levels of Magician to represent that.

Downloads
    Uploads
    He's only got 3 character levels to begin with.

How would a wizard 3 be different from a magician 1/wizard 2?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not looking specifically mechanic wise difference, but story wise difference. He couldn't start off as a wizard. But I wouldn't cut wizard level, I'd rather put him something like Magician 1-3/Wizard 3.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If this happened to a PC, I'd let them change class to all wizard, unless there were significant mechanical reasons. Otherwise it would look like he has two different spell pools, casting 3 1st level spells rather than 2 1st and a 2nd.

Weird things happen at 1st level, including with saves, and 1st level class features.

Wizard 3 makes it clear not of this is in effect.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well there are mechanical reasons, magician isn't simply a no-realm spell wizard. Spell selection is a bit different, and extended to some spell the true wizard wouldn't have access to. The mind set of the school is different from that of a true wizard, and the skill selection. Would you cut your pc's skill points accordingly to his level change?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojczak View Post
    Would you cut your pc's skill points accordingly to his level change?
    Yes, but we're complicating the situation with the fact that I don't start characters with adventuring classes. There are rules in Unearthed Arcana for retraining.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The background for Rogr suggests he has only recently become regent, and since his predecessor was also his teacher, perhaps Rogr should be a Magician 3?

Thread Information