I had an interesting thought while playing through a Kinetic Novel last night (The Nettestadt Troll -- its a Romance game, and a different pace from other computer games). I thought about scribing a story about the Sword Mage and his (her?) origins.

From Canon, we know that Gavin Taele conquered two of the original Twelve Duchies and forged them together to form Ghoere. Since most Birthright Novels happened in the past, I'd figure I'd set the story during Gavin Taele's campaign for supremacy over these two duchies. In my story, the Sword Mage is the last heir of one of these Duchies; and he (she?) must hide its identity in order to work its plan on restoring what is rightfully his(hers).

Although the story is going to have some romance, sex, war, violence, politics, and all that -- it focuses on the idea that the Sword Mage is the legitimate ruler of Ghoere and his (her) adventures in establishing his or her regency. Although it is not Canon, I think it's a great idea to establish the Sword Mage as the legitimate duke of one of the original Duchies, what do you guys think?