Downloads
    Uploads

Mustering spider and gnoll in Birthright pc game

How can I muster gnoll and spider in Birthright the Gorgon's Alliance?
    There is a way to have gnoll infantry by magic,you can't have gnoll marauder because summoning is bugged:they write gnoll marauder but they summon a goblin cavalry unit.
    It is possible to make spider and gnoll avaible to muster in the provinces?
    I have 1.4 version,there is a further patch that fix this bug?

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can use the Scenario Editor to modify the mustered troops from a specific province. Bear in mind though that any chances are saved as a specific "scenario save" - you can't alter the base game this way.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelandrin View Post
    You can use the Scenario Editor to modify the mustered troops from a specific province. Bear in mind though that any chances are saved as a specific "scenario save" - you can't alter the base game this way.
    The problem is that the editor allow me to choose only between Human,Elf,Dwarf,Goblin and Mercenary (if I don't choose anything),but there are other bugs.For example diplomacy doesn't work always:evil kingdoms like Markazor don't have diplomacy (it is correct if you play a good realm),but even if you play the Gorgon you can't deal with them.Another little bug is that if you change any character graphic from human to goblin or gnoll (or anawnsheghlien) they will have the new aspects in adventure mode,but the original form in map mode.

I tried to search with google and I noticed that there is an old topic about that http://www.birthright.net/forums/arc...hp/t-3922.html
    Unfortunately the problem seems still unsolved.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think in this case its part of the design of the game. The AI for the Gorgon's team seems to operate like one team, so if you play part of the team, you're going way beyond the way the game was originally designed to function.

It does put forward interesting questions though for how you could allow diplomacy without ending up with bizare effects like Elinie allying with Markazor to fight Mir-Kilad. If diplomacy worked mostly within religion, and not so well across, you could make the evil gods one religion and the other gods another region and have two religions, even though some evil powers were athiest (the Mansyaler).

Downloads
    Uploads
    kgauck wrote:
    > I think in this case its part of the design of the game. The AI for the Gorgon`s team seems to operate like one team, so if you play part of the team, you`re going way beyond the way the game was originally designed to function.
    >
    > It does put forward interesting questions though for how you could allow diplomacy without ending up with bizare effects like Elinie allying with Markazor to fight Mir-Kilad. If diplomacy worked mostly within religion, and not so well across, you could make the evil gods one religion and the other gods another region and have two religions, even though some evil powers were athiest (the Mansyaler).

Would he or his realm really be atheist? Atheist meaning believing that there are no gods - and being infused by the blood of Azrai is somewhat contradicting...
    Last edited by Thelandrin; 12-17-2007 at 11:10 PM.

I think, elves would be defined more correct as "non-worshippers". When bunch of elven elders have seen modern gods at Deismaar, they were not so much impressed by their actions as old gods' champions, to view them as worthy of worship.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The elves seem to regard Aduiras et al as merely powerful beings, not gods as the humans understand them. Describing the elves as acknowledging the gods but simply not worshiping them makes no sense. Describing them as unworthy of worship must be part of a sidhe understanding of these beings as something less than a god.

"I knew Aduiras, shorter than you see him depicted, often nervous when addressing crowds, he wielded powerful and primordial magic, but he's no god."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually, I beg to differ; the only reference we have of elves refusing to accept the power of a deific being is in regard to the "new gods" such as Haelyn and Cuiraécen, once mortal champions and their following offspring.

Furthermore, I don't think they would give such an account of Anduiras, by all means.

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

"Blood Spawn" pretty much suggests that the Sidhelien are largely apathetic to the concept of divine beings and notions; the dualism of Aebrynnis and the Shadow World becomes even more prevalent in this manner. See the Ecology part of the Seelie Faeries entry on page 27 for more information...

I actually wonder whether we could restrict sorcery to Sidhelien and dragons with such a passage in the text, but that's an entirely different discussion...

Downloads
    Uploads
    kgauck wrote:
    > The elves seem to regard Aduiras et al as merely powerful beings, not gods as the humans understand them. Describing the elves as acknowledging the gods but simply not worshiping them makes no sense. Describing them as unworthy of worship must be part of a sidhe understanding of these beings as something less than a god.
    >
    > "I knew Aduiras, shorter than you see him depicted, often nervous when addressing crowds, he wielded powerful and primordial magic, but he`s no god."

Gods *are* merely powerful beings ;-) Anduiras or later Haelyn would be seen as a god. Not THE God. Not even THEIR God. But one god among a dozen of gods.

It could well be - but is only my view - that the sidhelien would acknowledge say Haelyn as "the god of the Anuireans" like an european
    acknowledges Ganesh or Vishnu as one of the gods of India/Hinduism. without believing in or worshipping them. While for a follower of a monotheistec religion or an atheist it must be true that X is no god that must not be the same for sidhelien. They could simply say - "Sure Haelyn is a god. I visited the Imperial city once when his wetnurse complained about him wetting his bed. So what - worship him?"
    Last edited by Thelandrin; 12-18-2007 at 06:25 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think gods are just more powerful beings, I think they are categorically different. But these semantic arguments are pointless. The setting says the elves don't worship, don't have temple holdings, don't cast divine spells. Call that what you will, the finer points of sidhe spirituality deserve their own post rather than high-jacking a Gorgon's Alliance thread.

Thread Information