Samiel

Send me an email at:

jdpb1 * at * earthlink * net

and I'll send you copies of the guides.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tannen

Sorry it took so long to respond - I've been away from the boards for a bit.

Anyway . . .

RE: Trappings & deities - I still haven't given up on the idea, but since I never got it fully put together, I removed it from the copy I gave my players in order to clean up & simplify the document (none of them wanted to play priests). Since this version of the guide is the most recent and cleaned up version I'm using, it is also the one I am sharing with folks.

I still have our notes on the subject, and I hope to finally get it together at some point. If you manage to get it all put together before i do, please share it.

Thanks
    Joe

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tomba

Sorry i missed your post - been away for a while.

Thanks for the kind words about the conversion. I hope it really works for you.

You have lots of interesting stuff in your post. I'm going to take some time to digest it, and then I'll post some of my thoughts.

Thanks
    Joe

It's been a while so I thought I'd give this thread a bump and see how if anyone has any comments on running Birthright with Savage Worlds yet.

Nothing from me unfortunately... Our DM is running 3.5 set in Greyhawk.

I think I may be running a PBEM campaign using Savage Worlds, but the group hasn't decided on a campaign setting yet. Birthright is one of the favourites though.

I have run a few sessions of Pathfinder using Savage Worlds and all my players love it. I barely did any conversion either, I'm using just the Explorer Edition rulebook and the Wizards and Warriors web enhancement.

The biggest part of converting a Birthright campaign would be doing the blood powers. In my conversion, blooded characters have a bloodline trait with an associated die type. This is rolled when they use their blood abilities, although some abilities don't require a roll. Many of the blood abilities simply reproduce powers from Savage Worlds. Like the Healing blood ability lets you use the Healing power 1/day, with the major blood ability letting you use the Greater Healing power (but you can't heal permanent injuries), and the great Blood Ability lets you use Greater Healing for anything.

Otherwise, I'm using the SW mechanics for pretty much everything, including domain actions.

If any of you are still following this thread would it be ok if I email you for a copy of Joe's work?

Quote Originally Posted by khan2383 View Post
    If any of you are still following this thread would it be ok if I email you for a copy of Joe's work?
    Did you try emailing joe yourself:

jdpb1 * at * earthlink * net

Yes I tried emailing him yesterday, but he hasn't gotten back to me as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by khan2383 View Post
    Yes I tried emailing him yesterday, but he hasn't gotten back to me as of yet.
    From memory, he can take a couple of days to reply. If you don't hear from him in the next couple of days, let me know and I'll see if I can dig up those files for you.

Thread Information