Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Tannen

Shoot me an email.

I want to send the current drafts for your review.

Things are going to be very busy for me for the next month while I study for a big professional exam. I won't be able to put a lot of time into the guides during this time, but I don't want to leave you hanging or have all progress come to a halt. I would still like to get your opinion on things and discuss the various issues that come up.

Once this test is out of the way, I hope to actually start a SW BR game with my group.

Thanks
    joe

jdpb1 * at * earthlink * net

email sent! Thanks.

The recently released "Wizards and Warriors" freebie contains some interesting setting rules that might be useful:

Quote Originally Posted by Wizards and Warriors
    Languages
    All characters may speak (and read unless Illiterate) a number of languages equal to their Smarts divided by 2. One language must be their native tongue. Increasing Smarts allows
    a character to learn a new language.

Skills
    The Driving and Piloting skills are not used. Animal-drawn wagons are controlled using the Riding skill.

Fear is not a defining aspect of the setting, so the Guts skill is dropped and all uses are replaced with a Spirit roll.
    Some of the edges might be worth considering if you have not already included them.
    Last edited by Tannen; 01-18-2008 at 01:12 PM.

Could I get a copy of what you have so far? I am myself doing a Birthright conversion to Savage Worlds and most if not all of your material I have read is absolutely fantastic.

jeffreyquigley@gmail.com

You may want to email Joe directly:

You may want to email Joe directly:

I have a copy of his work, but it is his work so I won't distribute it with his say so (sorry). Let me know if you don't get a response.

Thanks! I just emailed him.

Long time lurker, first time poster...

I have been working on-and-off on a SW Birthright conversion for years, never really getting very far, though I have ideas which mirror those in this thread. I am hoping to start a SW BR campaign soon and sadly this thread seems to have died; I wish I could have taken part in the discussions

I may try to contact jdpb1 as above to get hold of a copy of the work so far- I have deduced much of it from the posts, but would be very interested to see how another person's interpretation of how to handle characters differs from mine.

Anyone interested in having more discussions on this topic?

Tomba

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey guys

I've happily shared the documents with Hirumatogeru and Tomba (and, of course, Tannen). Anyone else interested, please don't hesitate to shoot me an email.

For the guys who have the docs (and you SW loving lurkers out there), let's keep this thread going as an open and active place to discuss ideas, improvements, etc.

Also, I'm a few weeks into an SWBR campaign. It's going very well, although the players all chose non-spellcasting scions, so there hasn't been much of a test of BR specific mechanics (eg domain rules, spell conversions, etc).

I believe Hirumatogeru and Tomba both intend to start SW BR campaigns soon. If they get off the ground, perhaps we can start a separate SW BR "GM support" thread to discuss the campaigns as they progress, shares ideas, provide feedback, etc.

I look forward to talking with you all soon.

Joe

PS- If there are any lurkers out there interested in SW BR, jump on in! I'd love to hear from you, and I am happy to share the work I've done (with quite a bit of help from Tannen too) :-)

I'm still following this thread too. Glad to hear there is some renewed interest. It'd be great to hear how things have worked out 'in play'.

Thread Information