Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    [Personally the entire concept of Domain Power has SERIOUS SERIOUS flaws.]

Maybe I don't use domain power right, but I have always used Domain Power as the maximum amount of RP's that can be generated for that regent due to their class type, not the total amount of RP's generated from every holding, just what is allowed for the regent in question. Then that total can be compared to their bloodline strength to see how much RP's will be gained.
    Cattle die and kinsmen die,
    thyself too soon must die,
    but one thing never, I ween, will die, --
    fair fame of one who has earned.
    HAVAMAL

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Raesene Andu
    There is one thing to consider though. A 3rd level fighter with 200 levels of holdings isn't going to hold onto them for long. A weakling like him is going to be the target for every assassin in Cerilia. People will leave someone like Caine alone because of his magical skills and reputation, but a young, inexperienced regent can be expected to be challenged by those around him, even vassals and formerly loyal allies of his predecesor.
    two words: Hypothetical example

I was making a point that if Domain Power reflects the power a regent weilds its flawed in this case. The fighter (regardless of level or bloodline strength) has a "powerful realm" in terms of Domain Power, but since he collects 0 RP for these sources and has no knowledge of how to use them his Domain Power is actually -- ZEEERO!

Please don't go into a disertation on how the fighter could sell or trade his 200 sources to wizards for tributes, etc. Its the principle of the rules not the situation that I'm talking about.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Thread Information