Thread: Domain attitude

Downloads
    Uploads

Domain attitude

Domain attitude is adjusted each season by making a d20 check modified by the bonuses and penalties such as those listed below.

Bonus Example
    +5 Regent successfully deals with a major event, such as an invading army
    +2 Regent has five or more ranks of Diplomacy
    +2 The regent holds all holdings of one type in the province
    +1 The regent holds more than 50% of all holdings of one type in the province
    +1 Regent successfully deals with a minor event, such as a matter of law or a rampaging monster
    +1 for each renowned/epic deed the regent has ever performed in the service of the domain
    The above comes from the 3.5/D20 BCRS rules. I like to keep attitudes tracked by province. However reading this section I think it's kept the same across all provinces; but the modifiers state province. I'm a little confused.

Steve

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is measured on a province by province basis, and it could be done at a regent by regent basis if desired.

Each domain has an additional attribute that represents the contentment and loyalty of the general populace towards the domain. Domain attitude is measured on a province-by-province basis on the same scale as NPC attitudes: Helpful, Friendly, Indifferent, Unfriendly, or Hostile.

Some modifiers apply to the regent himself (across all holdings) when determined each province's attitude.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you. I like the regent by regent idea, and I've used it before. It only makes sense to me that a ruler could agitate against a guilder if desired. Thane Donalls in Talinie might try to agitate against one of the guilds responsible for deforestation within Talinie. "Don't buy from this guild they're destroying our land....Your recent landslide was due to bad foresting practices by <insert guild name here>!" Possibly the other guild would take note of the drop in loyalty and start to change tatics or even try to contest the guild recieving all of the bad publicity (or do both simultaneously).

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think in the case of Talinie they counter agitate.

"Who cares about landslides when your purses are full of coin? Forget the old ways of concern for the old social order and the concern for rocks and trees. We are rich now, and its not because of the Thane or Haelyn's temples. Forget the past and embrace the prosperity of the future with guild dominance!"

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is hard to argue with money in the pocket. However the poor sods who were fired when they ran out of forests near their villages would start listening (and nursing a grudge). A little too late.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The guilders who want to make money themselves will be on to something else by then, and so money will be made in that venture. If their is no money to be made, the guilders are already gone and don't care what the people left behind think.

Thread Information