Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any New Ideas?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Create Ley Line [Standard; 1 GB and 1 RP per province crossed (min 2)]...This action requires a domain action check with a base DC of 10. Unlike most domain actions, however, a ley line passes through multiple provinces. Source regents in any province through which the ley line passes (including the two end-points) may apply their source holding levels as a positive or negative modifier to the check. Unlike most domain actions, only regents with source holdings may bid RP to support or oppose this action, but any source regent in any province along the ley line path may do so. The RP spent to oppose/support the domain action follow the standard bidding rules for spending RP on domain actions or dispel realm magic.
    Is there a skill associated with this domain action? Maybe Spellcraft or Knowledge: Arcana? (It was one of the few actions without a skill listed on the first line of the title.)

Steve

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by stv2brown1988 View Post
    Is there a skill associated with this domain action? Maybe Spellcraft or Knowledge: Arcana? (It was one of the few actions without a skill listed on the first line of the title.)

Steve

Nope.

At the time it was too difficult to pin down what would be the best skill.

Knowledge (Nature), Knowledge (arcana), Spellcraft?

It can involve all of these so it was left without one since none of them seemed to be a "best fit" and arguments could be made to use any of them.
    Duane Eggert

Quote Originally Posted by stv2brown1988 View Post
    That system would make it quite simple. Almost like playing Risk.

I understand everyone is different but I find it hard to imagine why someone would want such a simple system. I love the idea of domain management and regent actions. To me that's what BRCS is all about. I only play non-Birthright DnD when I want very high magic campaigns or planar adventure campaigns. (Usually after watching a movie or reading a book that doesn't really fit in the BRCS very well.) Anyway, it's cool that you can step back and look at the game in different ways for different people.
    I personally would prefer a simpler system for use in PBEMs and similar. Most of these games focus on the domain stuff and the actual stats of the character are something that you'll only use for a few bonuses to certain actions, to determine what realm spells you can cast, etc. Having to spend hours on making a character when it could instead have been done in a few minutes with a simplified Domain-level-only system would have been great.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bialaska View Post
    I personally would prefer a simpler system for use in PBEMs and similar. Most of these games focus on the domain stuff and the actual stats of the character are something that you'll only use for a few bonuses to certain actions, to determine what realm spells you can cast, etc. Having to spend hours on making a character when it could instead have been done in a few minutes with a simplified Domain-level-only system would have been great.
    The only thing you should need are skills, feats, bloodline, and maximum spell level (only he says )

* Skills add +1 per 5 ranks - so you don't need to track any levels other than multiples of 5 in a simple system. Add class skills plus int bonus to get the number of skills tracked,then just add the level plus 3 plus the ability modifier for each skill and get +1 skill bonus to each level that knocks the combined bonus over 5.

So if your PC has no ability modifier to the skills, and gets 6 skill points a level from their class, then they get +1 at L2 to 6 skills, they bump to +2 at L6, +3 at L11, +4 at L16, etc.

* Feats: 1 feat + 1 per 3 levels, +2 to an action a pop.

Your character is then ability stats (to give an idea of what sort of person they are, just listing the bonus's would be sufficient), a list of skill +'s, any feats and maximum spell level. You don't need hp, AC, equipment, initiative, saves, etc at all so making such a character shouldn't take long at all. The character would be heavily biased towards realm play (unless you allocated skills and feats to 'sundry adventure stuff') but perfectly usable.

So a PC might be:

Fred. Fighter 3. Cha +4, Int +1, Wis -2, Dex +0, Con +2, Stn +2. Skills Administrate (Wis) +0, Lead (Cha) +2, Warcraft (Int) +1, Diplomacy (Cha) +2, feats: rule law +2, feat: contest law +2. Bloodline: Brenna, minor, 20.

That should be pretty quick to sort out, the only fiddly bit is the interaction of skills and ability bonuses.

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow. I like your BR quick system, Andrew

Thread Information