Downloads
    Uploads

Ranger of Cerilia

Discussion thread for Ranger of Cerilia. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I added a class varient tag for this varient ranger, but I wonder if it shouldn't exist under a broader category, either class varients or home rules, or something like that.

Its a nice addition to the wiki, but I wonder about where it is best placed.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Question-

Why does it have Belinik, Cuiraecen and Laerme as accepted gods, but not Erik? Also, why does it reference `Elven gods' when Cerilian elves have no gods?

I agree that class variants could probably have their own section. Have a broader section of `non-canon' or house rules would help to ensure people don't confuse what's official and what's not.

-Fizz

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizz View Post
    Question-

Why does it have Belinik, Cuiraecen and Laerme as accepted gods, but not Erik? Also, why does it reference `Elven gods' when Cerilian elves have no gods?

I agree that class variants could probably have their own section. Have a broader section of `non-canon' or house rules would help to ensure people don't confuse what's official and what's not.

-Fizz
    Well it has a red 'house rule' banner to try to avoid confusion although the title might be better as House Rule:Ranger of Cerilia to stress the point - but the only real issue with the class is the 'elven gods' comment which can be easily identified as a house rule and ignored if disliked.

I'd expect that the page should be linked via one of the fan made indexes so most people would know it was a houserule before they really look at the page but for passing viewers or those linked via a discussion page the banner should help - assuming of course that the viewer has read the informal wiki 101 I wrote or the indexes themselves...

I'd guess that shinyhalo has elven gods in their game - I can see the need for healing myself though I'd use a different mechanism, similarly they may have a different ranger for Erik as he's an obvious god to have rangers.

Thread Information