Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Questions about Birthright

Hi, I wanted to ask some questions about Birthright: the Gorgon's Alliance.
    1. Is there any way you can muster units like the Gnoll Marauders or Spiders. Since playing Spiderfell is fun without any spiders. And I know you can summon gnolls, but I really want to recruit them en masse.

2. When playing the game I found that a lot of realms get reinforcements (like the Gorgon's Crown and Five Peaks). But, if you play yourself as one of these realms, you'll also get reinforcements, only much less (let's say 1 Merc. Cavalry in 3 turns). Does anyone understand how this works or can this be modified.

Thanks in advance, Jeroen.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The troops you can raise should depend on the population type of the province. So somewhere like the five peaks, markazor, etc should do goblins, and possibly gnolls.

I expect that it depends on the version you are playing, I think the basic game only lets you do the human/dwarven/elven troops.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well in basic version, when I played Dhoesone and conquered Thurazor's north provinces, I could muster Goblin troops...

BTW: I lost my Birthright: Gorgon's Alliance CD (cannot find it anywhere), E-bay is out of the question, personal reasons)...

Thx...
    Last edited by Thelandrin; 10-05-2007 at 05:02 AM.
    "If the wizards and students who lived here centuries ago had practiced control - in their spellcasting and in their dealings with the politics of the empire - you would be studying in a tall tower made by the best dwarf stone masons, not in an old military barracks."
    Applied Thaumaturgy Lector of the Royal College of Sorcery to new generation of students.

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you can't use eBay, you could try making private arrangements with other members of this forum perhaps.
    Last edited by Thelandrin; 10-05-2007 at 05:10 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, but as far as I know, Birthright: Gorgon's Alliance was considered an abandoware, and You could download it from old Sierra's website. But now it is Sierra Online, and there are no mention about their old titles...

"If the wizards and students who lived here centuries ago had practiced control - in their spellcasting and in their dealings with the politics of the empire - you would be studying in a tall tower made by the best dwarf stone masons, not in an old military barracks."
    Applied Thaumaturgy Lector of the Royal College of Sorcery to new generation of students.

Birthright Developer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    On 7/12/07, ShadowMoon <brnetboard@birthright.net> wrote:
    > Yes, but as far as I know, Birthright: Gorgon`s Alliance was considered an abandoware, and
    > You could download it from old Sierra`s website. But now it is Sierra Online, and there are no
    > mention about their old titles...

There`s no such legal concept as "abandonware". Something is either
    copyrighted, or it isn`t. Sierra, being the copyright holder, could
    put the game up on its website if it liked. No one else can, even if
    Sierra once did so.

--
    Daniel McSorley

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you want, Shadowmoon, I could put a copy of Gorgon's Alliance on eBay and you could bid for it. I think I have a spare.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I am not sure I can use it from Croatia, tho I might pay it via Western Union...

Downloads
    Uploads
    You don't have PayPal? Why should Croatian CDs be produced any differently to British or American CDs? Even posting from the UK, the postage will cost more than the game itself.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If it still interests you, you can buy it from CDAccess at

http://www.cdaccess.com/html/quick/birthrtpr.htm

US$ 19.95 + 14.95 shipping, should come with all manuals and the like.

Thread Information