Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelandrin View Post
    Actually, Andrew was right. Baldur's Gate was a far better game than Neverwinter Nights 2. For one thing, the ending made sense and didn't rely so heavily on pure brawn.
    I prefer the gameplay of NWN2, compared to BG, and NWN2 use the D&D 3.5 system, which is far easier to work with, while BG used the more inflexible AD&D. But the plot was better in BG.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you ask me, both had issues; the rest is mostly preference.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bialaska View Post
    I prefer the gameplay of NWN2, compared to BG, and NWN2 use the D&D 3.5 system, which is far easier to work with, while BG used the more inflexible AD&D. But the plot was better in BG.
    From a programming perspective I'd expect BG to be easier - the game is less graphics intensive whereas NWN2 is excessively pretty. AD&D is easier simply as it is less flexible - less flexibility=less choice=easier to predict and thus work with, etc. 3.5 suffers heavily from bloating and imbalance issues as a result imho. Both lack the critical death's door rule which bugs me severely but overall I enjoyed BG and Icewind more than NWN2, NWN was v good though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelandrin View Post
    Actually, Andrew was right. Baldur's Gate was a far better game than Neverwinter Nights 2. For one thing, the ending made sense and didn't rely so heavily on pure brawn.
    i was ironic

Well, I'd be interested in the campaign as a lieutenant or part of band of fairly influential mercenaries. Like many others, though, a lot of the fun in playing online for me comes from realm intrigues.

By the way, I preferred BG to NWN, my computer handled it better and the story was more engaging. Now I can't bring myself to play it without cheating in Boots of Speed though...

I would be interested as well, kinda new to the BR franchise but I've been playing BR:TGA for years and years now

Thread Information