Thread: Magician skills

Downloads
    Uploads

Magician skills

Shieldhaven has spotted an irregularity in the BRCS. The text description for the Magician class includes Administrate as a class skill. This is not reflected in the skill table for magicians, nor in the description for Administrate. Should it be?

This irregularity was found on the wiki and in the sanctioned Chapter 1 pdf.

Sorontar

Downloads
    Uploads
    The sanctioned chap 1 (with edits) as posted in the stickied thread has the table and the class list both state it is a class class skill.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads

BRCS edits-in-waiting

I was looking at the sanctioned Chapter 1 in the Downloads section. I presumed that was the most up-to-date version since it was dated 03-05-2006. Are you saying that the stickied thread at http://www.birthright.net/showthread.php?t=2628 (which is not accessible) has a more up-to-date version with further edits/corrections?

Looking back, I now see that "Table 1-6: new skills" does have Administrate as a class skill for Magicians. But the skills table for Magician, and the text for Administrate don't refer to each other.

I would change these in the wiki, but I don't want to modify the BRCS text etc of the wiki until the actual BRCS is changed. I think we will have to make a template for BRCS "edits in waiting" to indicate that part of a BRCS page has been "corrected" but that the same edit has not yet been made to the "official" pdf document.

Sorontar.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I mean the one here:

http://www.birthright.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2628

Which is the stickied thread at the top of the BRCS thread on this board.

It is accessible (I just checked) and it was stickied for precisely that reason. That is to give a quick (and easy to find) single point location for the "latest" versions of the chapters. These versions do not, however, have the artwork included - only text.

Having too many locations to find copies of the BRCS (and any other documents) will only lead to confusion and conflict (as pointed out here). So far as I can tell there are currently the downloads section, the wiki and the above stickied thread - as well as potentially other threads with various items posted.

If it is posted in the thread linked above it is considered "up-to-date".
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ahhhh.... I see the problem. The url for the thread that is listed on http://www.birthright.net/forums/downloads.php? is missing /forums/ in the middle. Arjan, can you (or someone who knows how to) fix that please to link to http://www.birthright.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2628 . It might also be best if the wording is changed to "3 edition of Birthright core rule. For the most recent version, see this tread".

Okay, the crucial thing is that the tables and text for chapter 1 still need to be updated about this Magician/Administrate stuff.

Sorontar.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorontar View Post
    Okay, the crucial thing is that the tables and text for chapter 1 still need to be updated about this Magician/Administrate stuff.
    On the wiki, the thread info is consistent.
    Duane Eggert

Thread Information