Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Also, I forgot to mention, the necklace with 333 pins would make perfect sense. Put it on a regent for awhile, I bet it would start to exhibit powers in line with the regent's goals and intentions. It's been lying in ruins for untold amounts of time, and a blooded character has not had contact with it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    Could a Tighmaevril alloy weapon have been forged but not enchanted? That would leave the enchantment up to the finder. It would of course depend on the process of creation.
    I have always believed that tighmaevril is capable of enhancing bloodtheft because it is inherently part of the magic of the land: I think it is *solid* mebhaighl. I do not think it is possible to alter their original enchantment, nor even to reforge them, because they are not metal (it looks like silver, but never tarnishes and cannot be damaged by any normal physical object) and cannot melt or be reworked in any way except by now-unknown magic of immense (realm-spell-style) power. I think Ghoigwnnwd was able to accomplish this artifact-creation feat only because he was one of the *original* elves, who was still around from before there were dragons.

I immediately discounted the necklace of needles idea as just another piece of PS silliness that we're all better off ignoring. In my campaigns, the twelve weapons are two each of shortswords, longswords, greatswords, halfspears, shortspears and longspears. All of them are entirely solid tighmaevril (which is extremely light yet immensely strong, because it is solidified magic), with no bits made of wood, gems, leather, or actual metals, though they are all highly decorated with carvings which appear to be located just under the smooth surface. All of them have the same properties, which come from what they are made of, not what was done to them; in 3e terms, I have them all act as +5 scion-bane weapons of wounding and shocking.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ryancaveney View Post
    I immediately discounted the necklace of needles idea as just another piece of PS silliness that we're all better off ignoring.
    To me the necklace was 'proof' that the human assumption that tighmaevril was designed to let the elves steal human bloodlines and eventually gain the power to murder the gods (or whatever rumours you used in your campaign) were simply failed attempts to impute human motives on non-humans.

If Tighmaevril was instead a metal/alloy capable of taking extremely fine/strong enchantments, or with special properties with regards to the Shadow World - immune to being tainted by the seeming for example - then expending great effort in creating the weapons and other items would be worthwhile regardless of the interaction of Tighmaevril with bloodlines.

That said I could see more mystical uses for 333 pins than for 333 needles - need to pin shut a tear in reality? Pin down a shadow that its owner can travel freely? All sorts of possibilities. Needles imply thread and you only need 1, so 333 seemed unnecessary; unless the elves planned to get creative with reduce spells and see how many human regents they could sacrifice on a single altar at once...

Thread Information