Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MatanThunder View Post
    Do any one of you add some interesting tid bit to your Cerilia campaign??
    <snip>
    But don't you add anything uniquely yours to the setting???
    Of course - but only if it fits. Just as adding a tank to one side in a football match might be fun in a one-off game, but would not work well in an ongoing campaign; when building a campaign I aim to expand the existing setting not just plunk in something cool which would in the long run jar and cause disillusionment.

Some of ideas, used in my old (2,5Ed) BR campaign.
    1. Wolf's dynasty
    Some of animals, present at Deismaar acquire bloodlines too. So one ambitious wolf got Basaia bloodline and heghtened Int. Awed by experience, he began to worship the Nature (Eric) and was rewarded by divine spells. He had some offsprings (3-4 every year, actually), and some of them got heghtened Int too... At some point one of such successors got position as actual druid of his forest, shapechanging ability (one of his animal forms was local human race). And so tradition continues. I use 2 such bloodlines for whole Cerilia (one wolf and one owl).
    2. Tilda (elven - Tieldre)
    Elven maid, expelled from her kingdom for her crimes/run as rebellious teenager/ fill the blank as needed, was captured and enslaved by goblins (orogs, actually, but this is irrelevant). She was enslaved, tortured and spent several decades in servitude, where she lost her ears, nose and learn some languages, including rjurik. She escaped one winter, wandered several days and was found, half frozen to death by some brecht peasants somewhere on the rjurik borders. As you can imagine, she distrust humans, hate goblins and is unable to return (at least, in her opinion) to elves. So, when she regain her consciousness, she prefer to talk in rjurik language. And some brecht people have saved "poor rjurik girl, mutilated by goblins". She is very helpful (former maid) and have strange habits of singing to herself (for D&D 3 - she is Brd2/Rog1 or Rog1/Sor2). She is vary of all humans, so no one learn about her spellcasting ability. But years passed, she doesn't grow and so must relocate from this rustic village to hide her heritage. Her only passion left (because she think no more about love, home and exploration) is study of magic.
    I use her as "introvert, scarred and scared rjurik servant" to one of regent PC - female wizard. Imagine the rest...
    3. Spirits of the Sea
    Rjurik fishermen knows, that no one must anger sea spirits, all must bring offerings to remote shrine and carry on advices of this shrine's oracle. Neighbour elves are well aware about this, for they set this plot up several decades ago. Group of elven rangers with affinity to sea, one great (5th lvl) elven enchanter and one even greater (6th lvl) bard arrange all the needed wonders, prophesies and disasters. This fraud helps to keep human encroachment in check, human adventurers busy and human population under near-clerical control.

Hope some of that helps.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice add-ons Gheal, I especially liked the Tilda. She could be made into awesome villain too...
    "If the wizards and students who lived here centuries ago had practiced control - in their spellcasting and in their dealings with the politics of the empire - you would be studying in a tall tower made by the best dwarf stone masons, not in an old military barracks."
    Applied Thaumaturgy Lector of the Royal College of Sorcery to new generation of students.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheal View Post
    2. Tilda (elven - Tieldre)
    Elven maid, expelled from her kingdom for her crimes/run as rebellious teenager/ fill the blank as needed, was captured and enslaved by goblins (orogs, actually, but this is irrelevant). She was enslaved, tortured and spent several decades in servitude, where she lost her ears, nose and learn some languages, including rjurik. She escaped one winter, wandered several days and was found, half frozen to death by some brecht peasants somewhere on the rjurik borders. As you can imagine, she distrust humans, hate goblins and is unable to return (at least, in her opinion) to elves. So, when she regain her consciousness, she prefer to talk in rjurik language. And some brecht people have saved "poor rjurik girl, mutilated by goblins". She is very helpful (former maid) and have strange habits of singing to herself (for D&D 3 - she is Brd2/Rog1 or Rog1/Sor2). She is vary of all humans, so no one learn about her spellcasting ability. But years passed, she doesn't grow and so must relocate from this rustic village to hide her heritage. Her only passion left (because she think no more about love, home and exploration) is study of magic.
    I use her as "introvert, scarred and scared rjurik servant" to one of regent PC - female wizard. Imagine the rest...
    Nice idea, this seems to be something like Kaspar Hauser in Birthright, a German foundling who later was mysteriously murdered.
    Look here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaspar_Hauser

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Beruin View Post
    Nice idea, this seems to be something like Kaspar Hauser in Birthright, a German foundling who later was mysteriously murdered.
    Look here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaspar_Hauser
    great story, i need to find the movie , thanks man.

Downloads
    Uploads
    in my adventures i usually use secret societies that guard the last direct descendant of Roele bloodline, but that is cliche. Or the secret society that combines the great bloodlines of Cerilia (Roeles, El Erasi, Danig etc.) to unite all the humans under one banner in the right moment, but that is cliche to .

Downloads
    Uploads
    An monstrosity that was once a elven mage - "The Abomination"

Think of them as a Living wall that can move - absorb people and their bloodlines. That can morph and manifest as many arms legs heads (max about 12 bodies equivalent) as it wishes. It will eject a lesser body if it absorbs a greater one.

Localised small forested area that is haunted (the ghosts tell you to flee) and has harrowing rumours about it. Few that venture in return.

Those camping in the edge of the forest begin to dream of great treasures inside the forest (lures groups to their death)

Protecter of the forest...

I have been working on including organizations myself that would be not only interesting but help develop some plots.

An obvious one is the Society of the Serpent. I have written up a full outline of the organization and will try to update it to Wiki soon.

Another one that has far larger of a reach is Azrai hunters. I completely secret group that is determined to destroy the Azrai taint from Cerilia. Doesn't matter if they are good or bad, weak or powerful. They are masters of killing those powerful blooded individuals from a distance as to not gain the taint. There could even be a sub-group that goes after Awnshegh only.

I do think organizations are a great way to expand the setting.

-BB

Thread Information