Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Custom Warcards

Couple years of work =)

Hello everyone.
    Im not the biggest writer in here. but i do read and use the wiki alot. Both for me and my fellow players and DM.

So i thought i could contribute with my homemade warcards. Some are nice (i think so atleast) and some are not so nice. ive uploaded them all.
    Feel free to use any if u like.
    they shud be 10,2 cm 300 res/inch. 5,8 cm 300 res/inch.
    But some old ones (just after i started making) they are wrong size. but i can see that on a preview.

I got photoshop cs3 files for them all if anyone cares and are interested.

I do not own the picturerights used on the cards. But its for personal use and such so im guessing im clean. Most of the backgrounds ive had to make myself. And all u see is mostly custom.

Ive used about 3 years on these, and are still makin new ones. The Khinasi units are only a couple days old =)

i would love to hear from you if u are intend to use them or modify.
    We play 2nd edition and i love to make characters that are battlewise and have strategy and war as primary goals. And i make some units just because i wanted to. Then print em and give em to the DM so he can use em as he see fit. (the other players in the group hates me because i smile when we face superpowered units aka undeads or such.)

There is a story behind alot of these units and we got alot of customrules.
    Like masshealing and such (har a moradin dwarf priests who made war based on religion) and for instance Belinik paladin with a own church called the Sword of belinik.

Even played a shapeshift character and had accsess to Tigers, eagles, bears and such.

Have fun. And please comment with your opinion. Be honest but not rude =)

And if u have customcards please post em. i love to see others (if anyone makes ones? this is a old thread and some are nice.)

Btw ive used some futuristic pictures. animated. realpictures. drawings. paintings and u name it. And i would say all works nice printed.

I use a canon all-in one printer. And bought paper that are glossy on ones side and matt on the other. They are small and pretty stiff (the stiffest my printer can print) so we just cut em with a slider (?? dont know the english word. but u lay the paper on it and just pull a "knife" thru it)

And dont give me crap about my english in the units or in the post. Cause i am norwegian and most of my time i play WoW and the english in there are not teh shit :P

All units have 3 different ones. Flag, Sword and Shield. but 72 pictures is enough dont need 200. If anyone requests i can upload with another.

peace out Aldrin.

And that was it for now Enjoy. Remeber to Comment!!

And let me know if u intend to use any =)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Very nice, though I am a little perplexed by your choice of pictures sometimes. For instance, Elite Rjurik Guards (http://img687.imageshack.us/i/rjurik...rdsfronts.jpg/) represented as 15th/16th century knights on armoured horseback? Not how I would picture Rjurik elites. Likewise, the Priests of Moradin (http://img39.imageshack.us/i/priests...infrontsi.jpg/) look very devout but a little taller than I would expect dwarves to be.

Was there a reason in your campaign for these choices of images or were they just all that you could find that was suitable?

Either way, congratulations for the good result for your work.

Sorontar

Thanks for the reply.

Well. After so many different units its really hard to find a suitable picture.
    I was goin to mention the rjurik unit. But i forgot it.
    That unit was a gift from anuire with trained rjurik with methods from anuire. Training, weapons, horses etc. It was intended to make only a couple of those for the big rjurikrealms.

Hehe yeah the priest of moradin unit.. Well Picture aint optimal. But it shows non-violent priests. Its super hard to find a picture with alot of dwarven priests in a group with robes :P And i didnt manage to find a more suitable picture.

I see it as this. Its better to have 10 different units and have a variety of humanoids, humans demihumans etc. than to have 1 good lookin one.

Atleast for my part it takes alot of thinking and researching to make a unit.

Some are well thoughtthru and some are not =)

Thread Information