Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Custom Warcards

Downloads
    Uploads

Custom Warcards

Here are some custom warcards I managed to recover from my old collection. None of them are my work. If someone recognized the warcards as his work and wants them removed from this post, please tell me and I will remove them as soon as possible.

The first one is from a website that had several warcards for a couple of quite logical units. I remember there were Anuirean Crossbowmen, but the Knights of Avanalae are the only one I managed to find because the LPA player in my game created such a unit.

The next one is for Tuornen Home Guards. Obviously a black-and-white version of Elite Anuirean Infantry with details altered by hand. It could use some colors I found it on a player website for Tuornen, and it was the only one there.

The rest one are from a webpage called Manni's Warcards. I managed to find the address in Birthright mailing list archive, but the site is down. I remember it had a lot of warcards that just wouldn't fit in my vision of Birthright, like Fire Elementals, so I have only the part of Manni's works that I used in my game:

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

That's all folks. I'll post the rest if I ever find my old backup cd.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm, they look cool on this dark gray background.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for posting those cards...

You are fast one, heh...

^^;
    "If the wizards and students who lived here centuries ago had practiced control - in their spellcasting and in their dealings with the politics of the empire - you would be studying in a tall tower made by the best dwarf stone masons, not in an old military barracks."
    Applied Thaumaturgy Lector of the Royal College of Sorcery to new generation of students.

Downloads
    Uploads

The Watch and Rjuvik irregulars didn't look terribly Rjurik, so I changed some things.

Downloads
    Uploads

I did the same with the scouts.

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/ind...Skirmish_rules

I generally play small. PC's are jarls, not kings. PC's struggle to advance a single domain, not to re-establish the empire, or impact a whole region. And so, I also generally do the same in battle, focusing on smaller combats, or parts of a combat. As such I have always enjoyed using the skirmish rules, and then house ruling them. The release of Heroes of Battle gave me another opportunity to do this, based on material there.

The link above includes the skirmish counters and some comments on their use in my game. The images are from the warcards, though as the two previous posts indicate, I fiddled with some of them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Created this Warcard today, using my own Birthright-inspired artwork.

This Warcard was mainly inspired by Erik's Forest Legion (Birthright: The Book of Priestcraft) after Thelandrin pointed to me that original artwork of this Warcard seems more in theme with Erik then of Sidhe.

This Unit consist of a single sentient Earth Elemental, that is summoned via powerful Druidic Realm Spell. Keeper of the Grove is strong, huge, resilient, and fearless entity, that can hurl boulders over the battlefield.

Keeper of the Grove - Front

Keeper of the Grove - Back

Note: This Warcard is designed for AD&D 2nd Edition Birthright...

EDIT:
    Optional rule for the Keeper of the Grove in order to tone it down a bit and to depict it's integrity/mass loss when it hurls boulders (it's body parts); Whenever Keeper of the Grove use it's Missile Attack, they suffer one automatic Hit. In this case it would be better to rise its Missile Attack rating a bit; like Missile: 6 / Missile: 4 (1 Hit) / Missile: 2 (2 Hits).
    Last edited by ShadowMoon; 10-09-2007 at 08:20 AM.
    "If the wizards and students who lived here centuries ago had practiced control - in their spellcasting and in their dealings with the politics of the empire - you would be studying in a tall tower made by the best dwarf stone masons, not in an old military barracks."
    Applied Thaumaturgy Lector of the Royal College of Sorcery to new generation of students.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Slightly off-topic, but related to Warcards...

I always considered that movement of Artillerists should be slower than of regular Infantry, so I used movement for Artillerists seen on Erik's Forest Legion warcard; Move: 1 per 2 rounds.

And I always thought that rules should let someone charge at Pikemen Warcard, so I changed "Pikemen cannot be charged." into "Pikemen get double Attack if charged."

Other notable changes:

Undead Legion: Defense: 3

Sidhe warcards: Have scouting abilities...

^^;

Thread Information