Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I personally went a step further and made new army lists for each race. I had them match more of the unit types in Birthright then copying the races as they are in Warhammer. (I admit I never touched the dwarves) This way it is easy to convert Birthright unit lists to Warhammer.

I made a working elf list, Human (Anurian,) Goblin, Orogs. For example ...

Elves were a mix of wood elf and high elf (seems closest to Cerilia elves)

Elf standard army options were : Elf guard, Elf Cavarly (fast), Elf Spearmen, Elf Archers. Special units were: Elf scouts and Great Eagles.

Golbins were: Goblin Infantry, Goblin Archer, Goblin Guard, Goblin Wolf Rider, Goblin Skirmishers.

Orogs were: Orog Infantry, Orog Lizard rider, Orog Archer, Orog Guard.

Undead were: Skeletons, Skeleton Spearmen, Zombies, Ghouls, Shadows

I realized early you don't have to have a truly balanced army. Your wars are not going to be 2k point army vs. a 2k point army. You could very well have a 2k point army vs. 500 points. As the long as the cost of the units are balanced then it will work in Birthright.

-BB

Downloads
    Uploads
    it's not bad, i am interested what units will you use for Wos, Rjurik,Khinasi and Brecht.
    Some chaous units can be used for Wos, some of the empire for Brecht, but what about Rjurick and Khinasi ? Cause i have no idea, and i haven't played warhammer for some years so there may be some new armies or units.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Empire suits Brechts well, Anuire would be Bretonia, Vos and Rjuven would be Chaos warbands, Khinasi would have to be most converted, maybe Arabei Dogs of War models, Sidhe would be Wood Elves, Karamhul goes well with Dwarves, Goblins are Goblins ^^;

Now for Birthright feel You have to remove gunpowder, and thats it...
    "If the wizards and students who lived here centuries ago had practiced control - in their spellcasting and in their dealings with the politics of the empire - you would be studying in a tall tower made by the best dwarf stone masons, not in an old military barracks."
    Applied Thaumaturgy Lector of the Royal College of Sorcery to new generation of students.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMoon View Post
    Empire suits Brechts well, Anuire would be Bretonia, Vos and Rjuven would be Chaos warbands, Khinasi would have to be most converted, maybe Arabei Dogs of War models, Sidhe would be Wood Elves, Karamhul goes well with Dwarves, Goblins are Goblins ^^;

and you will cripple the dwarfs and the brechts( no thunderers, hellblasters, cannons and all the good stuff )

Ok you are going to make me work on this one.

Warhammer has base stats for humans, goblins, elves. From there they have special units that increase these base stats.

As for the different races of humans .... I would continue using the base stats for humans for all of the races but limit the types of units they can get (like they do in Birthright.) The different race miniatures would make sense as listed above.

So archers are archers, no matter which type of human they are. There is a slight randomness to defense which can be adjusted for the race. In the Birthright rules Khinasi archers are more lightly armored than most of the others. I would make the base unit not have an option for armor but make the cost of the unit 1 point less, where on the other side, Anuirean archers would start with light armor but cost 1 point more.

You have to stop thinking that the armies have to match their Warhammer counter parts. You are basicly making entire new army lists for each race, but you base that race on the Warhammer rules to make things interesting.

-BB

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by cccpxepoj View Post
    and you will cripple the dwarfs and the brechts( no thunderers, hellblasters, cannons and all the good stuff )
    I had in mind only miniatures, not the rules...

PS: Recently in my campaign, rumours arose in Brechtur that there is an alchemist in Massenmarch that experiments with "magical" substance called Hellpowder. ^^;
    "If the wizards and students who lived here centuries ago had practiced control - in their spellcasting and in their dealings with the politics of the empire - you would be studying in a tall tower made by the best dwarf stone masons, not in an old military barracks."
    Applied Thaumaturgy Lector of the Royal College of Sorcery to new generation of students.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had in mind only miniatures, not the rules...

PS: Recently in my campaign, rumours arose in Brechtur that there is an alchemist in Massenmarch that experiments with "magical" substance called Hellpowder. ^^;
    There goes a neighbourhood .

Thread Information