Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Update v2

Moved the description to the Writer's Guild.

This is how I portray dwarves IMC. Note that much of the text has been complied from various BR sources, as well as the PHB.
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a question, why did you choose to post this here rather than in the Writer's guild. There is still an option for comments to be made about it and you still have the ability to edit. It just seems more appropriate to put it there!
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Didn't know about the edit option. Wanted some feedback before I added it to the Guild. Now I know better :)
    Cheers
    Bjørn

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like your summary. I'm not sure I like the idea of Dwarven wizards being so common (let alone possible). Pity you took the beard from the women. My friend Thidrin always admired a well-trimmed beard. (In my view the dwarves (male) wear their beards long and braided, the dwarves (female) wear well-trimmed beards)
    Perhaps the 'greed' disadvantage (mainly a RP issue) could be chosen from a list like:
    -Greed
    -Stubborness to extremes (no-one tosses a dwarf!)
    -Extreme sense of honour (no lying, thieving, defaulting on given word)
    -No sense of humour, prickly temper
    - ... (others possible)
    Just a few ideas, to give more diversity to the dwarves.
    Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said: `one CAN'T believe impossible things.'
    `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast'

-- "Through the Looking Glass", Lewis Caroll

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank's for your input. Cerilian dwarves aren't the bearded fellows from other worlds. They keep it trimmed down - very undwarvenlike :)

I really liked yor suggestions about the greed flaw. I think I'll stick with greed as the most common flaw, but some dwarves have other flaws. Very good.

As for wizards and magicians; that's just the way I like 'em. Not much to support the idea of arcane dwarves in the BR books, so many might like to scale this back a bit...

Others might think the +2 str, +4 con a bit to much. A conservatie DM could cu this to +2 con only, but remove the level adjustment.
    Cheers
    Bjørn

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm also not sure that -2 dex is really appropriate... Dwarves are always tought of as skilled with their hands. It is a pity that 3rd Ed. makes no distinction between footwork/balance and hand-eye coordination (like the 2e Skills and Powers). There it was easy to assign a penalty.
    Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said: `one CAN'T believe impossible things.'
    `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast'

-- "Through the Looking Glass", Lewis Caroll

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree, but I'm not sure its worth the effort to change the system to reflect the various components of dexterity. You could have:
    - Agility
    - Coordination
    - Reflexes
    and probably a few more...

Dwarves do get a bonus to craft checks, so I think I'll let that reflect that they are good with their hands. Not a fully satisfying solution perhaps, but an easy one.
    Cheers
    Bjørn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Green Knight

I agree, but I'm not sure its worth the effort to change the system to reflect the various components of dexterity. You could have:
    - Agility
    - Coordination
    - Reflexes
    and probably a few more...

Dwarves do get a bonus to craft checks, so I think I'll let that reflect that they are good with their hands. Not a fully satisfying solution perhaps, but an easy one.
    I think it would be worthwhile to incorporate the ones that don't yet exist, as skills. Not alot of effort there.
    This is an adventure dammit! I expect to be rewarded for acts of homicide!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Perhelion
    It is a pity that 3rd Ed. makes no distinction between footwork/balance and hand-eye coordination (like the 2e Skills and Powers). There it was easy to assign a penalty.
    I agree. That was one of my cheif disappointments with the 3e system. To sum up a persons attributes in six scores is a bit to general for my blood.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It shouldn't be too difficult to split them up.

I remember when I actually managed to split up the 10 Rolemaster stats into 15...Could do it again I suppose ;)
    Cheers
    Bjørn

Thread Information