With great pleasure I've been reading over the course
    of these last few days what you have been doing with
    good old Birthright for 3.5. Your endeavor is a hearte-
    ning one, and I am looking forward to seeing the Atlas
    project progressing as well.

For the moment I have only a very paltry contribution
    to make to your efforts, and that is getting rid of two
    rather minor yet, to those with a grammatical bend of
    mind, quite annoying mistakes in the wording.

1) I've come across quite a few instances of "ley" where
    clearly "lay", as in the laity versus the clergy, is meant.
    Unless it really was talking about ley lines. Hm.

2) The Veneration of the Sleeping does not fall on the
    vernal (= spring), but the autumnal (= fall), equinox.

Rara avis est obvius amicus qui bene maneat, we'll say.

- Saxo Grammaticus

Downloads
    Uploads
    To add to this...

I found on Table 5-8
    Initial Attitude of Unfriendly - both new attitudes of Indifferent and friendly have a value of 25. I believe the Indifferent value was intended to be 15.

Downloads
    Uploads
    And not to be a jerk, but I always found something odd in one of the blood abilities. Berserker’s Blood; is for Azrai and Vorynn. It just doesnt seem like Vorynn should give the berserk ability. Maybe Reynir but not Vorynn.

If I remember correctly the Berserker thing originally shows up in Tribes of the Heartless Aastes and lists both Vorynn and Azrai as sources for the power. I think it then says people are confused about why Vorynn has it. So I'm not sure anybody knows for sure other then the Vos used to worship Vorynn before the coming of the shadow.
    -AxeMurder |-}

Downloads
    Uploads
    From Book of Regency:

Few on Cerilia doubt that this blood ability initially came to the Vos as a gift from Azrai. Still, it somehow managed to manifest in Vorynn’s heirs as well.

So yes it is indeed a mystery, but then again so is the "mystery" of bloodlines themselves.

There could even be "undiscovered" blood abilities out there (a creative DM could introduce one that "fits" his style and story).

Perhaps it is a reflection of the sadness, expressed eventually as "rage" Vorynn felt for the loss of his people. Just a thought.
    Duane Eggert

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I thought it was simply because Vorynn's blood came mostly to the Vos and they are renowned for being berserkers.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelandrin View Post
    I thought it was simply because Vorynn's blood came mostly to the Vos and they are renowned for being berserkers.

But technically the didn't always have that aura with them.

They used to embrace magic and such but fell away from it due to Azrai's influence and lost "connection" with Vorynn because of it. Kind of vague and leaves a lot up to interpretation. Therre is some infor in Tribes about why they don't tolerate magic (and writing) and the priests help to keep them away to prevent them remembering their "ancient history" (Tribes pg 5)
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I understand the fact that a lot of Vos are berserkers. I guess you could even say those of Vorynn's blood have a taint of Azeri in there. But seeing as how Vorynn was the god of magic, divinitation and illusion being the focus points because of no true mages, it just does not seem to fit.

I mostly think the person/s who put Vorynn's blood as having Berserker’s Blood were later to the setting and didnt fully understand or were rushed and had to put it out.

But anyway, in my campains I just change it to Reynir instead of Vorynn and call it even.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cultures who embrace the rage often regard it as an inner power being summoned, a secret path to power. That fits Vorynn. If instead we think in terms of classic D&D classes, then spellcasting = wizard and rage = barbarian, and then rage for Vorynn makes no sense. The rage might also be a commune with spirits of a feral nature, which also fits.

For the Rjurik, raging is a doom, not a secret inner power. Its more of a dark fate. Berserker’s Blood, therefore seems more appropriate for Vorynn than it is for Reynir.

Quote Originally Posted by irdeggman View Post
    Therre is some infor in Tribes about why they don't tolerate magic (and writing) and the priests help to keep them away to prevent them remembering their "ancient history" (Tribes pg 5)
    I always wonder, why their pictographic system was not classified as writing? At least, by outside sages. Another puzzle - how Vos peasants discern between skilled bard/magician and low-level priest?

Thread Information