Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    To each his own, I suppose.

I wouldn't enjoy sitting on my thumbs for hours of each session whenever another player undertook a lenghty endeavor like going off on an adventure.
    Look for me by moonlight
    Watch for me by moonlight
    I'll come to thee by moonlight
    Though Hell should bar the way

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think playability in a tabletop situations depends on the relative size of the kingdoms to a degree - 2-3 players, each having a small realm may easily be playable (for example Ilien, Medoere, Rosesone) - they need a degree of co-operation against the 'big boys' like Ghoere, etc. But if the players play the bigger realms then they can unite far more easily than such realms usually would (hey bro', mind synchronising our attack? Great!) and as a result crush opposition with ease, unless you also have those realms join together as well which results in reducing the game to a handful of big power blocks which is in effect a high king game anyway but with fewer realms...

In a PBEM where it is more player v player than party vs the world then each player having a throne is fine as they are less likely to unite, although player turnover may be a lot higher than in a tabletop game. I can see personal issues causing problems in a game where everyone hangs out between games and they then oppose in the game - players can get very attached to their characters, far more so than in a board game, and so conflict can be bitter.

Thread Information