Thread: lead question

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

lead question

Your skill allows you to sway public opinion with your inspiring rhetoric. You may attempt to perform agitate as a free action (that is, it does not take up a character, court or domain action, but is performed in conjunction with another action) by making a small number of speeches and inspiring the masses. You do not need to have a holding in the province (or provinces) in which you perform the agitate action, but you must be physically present.
    What is the DC for getting a free agitate action?
    Or are you supposed to use your skill bonus instead of the usual modifiers?

If there is not a check required anyone could give speeches for free agitates.
    Lead can be used untrained.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It is slightly more complicated.

You make a domain attitude check as specified under Agitate. Since the character must be physically present during the entire time he is making speeches he is essentially using a full round action. This allows the character to use his personal modifiers (as specified in Chap 5, +1/5 ranks) for the domain attitude check.

I would also ensure that the action being done by the character is conducive to making speeches and the like. If the character is for example using his character action to research a spell then he is not in a position to use this skill.

This skill can be used along with most, but not all, standard domain actions. Casting Realm Spells is the one that crosses my mind as not matching up very well.

I hope that makes sense, it takes some work but you can follow the path and get to most of what I have posted - the part about the DM making sure the action that the agitate is being associated with is conducive with speeches/appearances is not, but only makes sense since the Lead skill says you must make speeches in order to get the benefit.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    The skill description says it can be used untrained.
    Does that mean anyone can agitate by giving speeches, even without ranks in lead?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dekrass View Post
    The skill description says it can be used untrained.
    Does that mean anyone can agitate by giving speeches, even without ranks in lead?

Yes

But it still takes the same amount of time (essentially a full round action) and has the same restrictions (it must be done as part of another action (like I posted earlier this action should be something that is "public")). You still have to follow the rules for agitate (see domain attitude checks) and all of the other things that go along with that (e.g., see adjustments for/against) - since it is a free action I don't think allowing GBs to be spent is fitting.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since it is a free action I don't think allowing GBs to be spent is fitting.
    All of this changes with the printing press.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Alright, now that I'm clear on that, I have another question.
    Is there anything you make a lead skill check for, outside a great captain/heresy random event?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kgauck View Post
    All of this changes with the printing press.

True enough, but in that case should it still be a "free" action, since the printing itself costs time (the early printing presses were much slower weren't they? Since they involved typsetting and the like). So at least a character action (profession - spin doctor or craft - propaganda) (or maybe a court action) to "prep" the flyers to be used.
    Duane Eggert

Thread Information