Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Joenie View Post
    Hi, I wanted to ask some questions about Birthright: the Gorgon's Alliance.
    1. Is there any way you can muster units like the Gnoll Marauders or Spiders. Since playing Spiderfell is fun without any spiders. And I know you can summon gnolls, but I really want to recruit them en masse.

2. When playing the game I found that a lot of realms get reinforcements (like the Gorgon's Crown and Five Peaks). But, if you play yourself as one of these realms, you'll also get reinforcements, only much less (let's say 1 Merc. Cavalry in 3 turns). Does anyone understand how this works or can this be modified.

Thanks in advance, Jeroen.
    You can't have Gnoll Marauder and Spiders.If you summon a Gnoll Maradeur you will get a Goblin Cavalry,is a bug.You can only summon Gnoll Infantry.Summoned troops aren't good...if you can summon skeletons that don't require manteniance and are very strong if you fight your battles (in auto combat they are quite weak).However I prefer Gnolls,surely they are weaker than undead...but in my opinion is a bug....they should be stronger.
    With the map editor you can choose between four races:anuirean,elf,dwarf,goblin and none.None means only mercenaries,if you want you can muster elves,dwarves,goblins and mercenaries in the same region,but there is no way to have gnolls.
    And remember that even the goblin regions are few:Five Peaks has only anuirean troops.

With the map editor I played with the Gorgon and won against PC (easy victory of course) but I never get any reinforcement.

I have patch,map editor,character editor.....I need to dowload something to have reinforcment and muster gnolls?
    There is any way to edit the troops?I noticed that many games (Age of Wonders,Age of Empires 2) with the heavengames now have a more advanced editor than Gorgon Alliance and is a pity because this game has eleven years.

Downloads
    Uploads
    speaking of this game - was it possible to kill the Gorgon in it? I recall when I played this game I controlled everything at one one point and the Gorgon was the only enemy on the board. Anytime I attacked him he would retreat. Was that a bug, or was their some special way to kill him? (been probably 10-11 years since I played it too so it is all pretty vague in my head).

Quote Originally Posted by bluntaxe View Post
    speaking of this game - was it possible to kill the Gorgon in it?
    This game routinely "saves" most prominent enemy leaders, and Gorgon even run from "troups are slaughtered" situation, but I proudly keep my saved game named "nogorgon" - when I conquer his last province, he was no more.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bluntaxe View Post
    speaking of this game - was it possible to kill the Gorgon in it? I recall when I played this game I controlled everything at one one point and the Gorgon was the only enemy on the board. Anytime I attacked him he would retreat. Was that a bug, or was their some special way to kill him? (been probably 10-11 years since I played it too so it is all pretty vague in my head).
    Gorgon never dies muahahahah!
    However there are two ways to defeat him:
    1)You have to defeat him in battle and be sure that in the borders are your troops:so he can't retreat.In this case Gorgon's Crown will survive as reign without the Gorgon.However the Gorgon will escape from game,he won't die!
    2)Just conquer all Gorgon's Crown.The Gorgon will disappear.A dirty trick is to use only advanced mode:you don't need to invest while the Gorgon has to wait his turn.

Method #1 doesn't work. This is a sure way to kill other leaders, but Gorgon (at least in my version) simply reappear in some other province.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've found two ways to kill him, for me anyways.

#1 Take all his land, once he has no more realm he's gone. Not an easy idea, but using knights vs skellys in simulated battle really helps out a lot.

#2 Even harder than number 1 is beat his adventure. I've heard of this not working but it's worked the 2 or 3 times i've done it. Granted you will need good luck and high level guys to beat it, but it can be done.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheal View Post
    Method #1 doesn't work. This is a sure way to kill other leaders, but Gorgon (at least in my version) simply reappear in some other province.
    When you get the message "with no safe way to retreat the army of XXX is destroyed" the Gorgon will disappear (you get the message that he fled with teleport),however I tried this way when I attacked Gorgon's Crown,maybe if you destroy the Gorgon with method 1 in other realms it won't work.
    Of course if you beat the Gorgon in battle and he have a single province to fled (every province where you haven't any troops) he will flee while other regents will die.

You can kill the Gorgon in adventure but is useless...you get a lot of XP,but the Gorgon won't die.

Thread Information