Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi everyone. I know this question is maybe a little stupid, but I MUST make it:

anyone knows something about the storyline of the unpublished Essence of Evil trilogy?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Basically, the Gorgon, the Magian, and the Raven pool their magical expertise to open a portal into the Shadow World. The adventurers have to cross over themselves to complete the adventure, and the actions eventually cause the Cold Rider to do some sort of mischief.

Shadow Moon would have dealt with the Triumvirate of Evil opening the gate (and I suppose the heroes closing it again) while Charge of the Cold Rider would have dealt with the Shadow World's most mysterious denizen making some sort of a bid to increase his dominion.

Downloads
    Uploads
    No offense, but it sounds very cheesy and highly unlikely. If you are right warlord_nabron, there is probably a good reason it was never published. :P
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    DnD novels tend to be a bit cheesy :). But if this is true, God himself probably canceled the BR line rather than see it devolve (alternate theory to evolution?) into utter xxxx.
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Special Guest (Donor) morgramen's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally, I like to think that the recent(er) d20 D&D module... what was it called... the Standing Stone or something (the picture had a Cold Rider-ish guy charging on it) is based on this trilogy.

Course, I wouldn't know, since I bought it, looed at the art adn maps, but have yet to read it.

OH yeah, almost forgot. Lord Nabron was close on his theory of the moduel plot, but instead of the Triumverate releasing the COld Rider, I'm afraid what they were really doing was summoning an even greater ancient hate from the old times. A power so dastardly and ferral that it could only be named in hushed whispers. And so was the Dread Morg born!

STRONGER THAN THE FOUNDATIONS OF THE EARTH!
    ALL SHALL LOVE ME AND DESPAIR!

:P
    "You need people of intelligence on this mission... quest... thing."

Birthright Developer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    STRONGER THAN THE FOUNDATIONS OF THE EARTH!
    ALL SHALL LOVE ME AND DESPAIR!
    Eeeek. Crossdresser alert!
    Jan E. Juvstad.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by morgramen

Personally, I like to think that the recent(er) d20 D&D module... what was it called... the Standing Stone or something (the picture had a Cold Rider-ish guy charging on it) is based on this trilogy.

Course, I wouldn't know, since I bought it, looed at the art adn maps, but have yet to read it.
    You mean the Sovereign stone? Sovereign stone, the idea behind it may sound like the stuff like the trilogy but it is not... It is an idea from Larry Elmore. He created the world of Soveign stone. But it could be that you are talking about something else....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by warlord_nabron
    Basically, the Gorgon, the Magian, and the Raven pool their magical expertise to open a portal into the Shadow World.
    Why the heck would the Raven have to do that? He already has a portal on the grounds of his castle in Vosgaard, and knows how to use it. The Magian could open the gate on his own, I think. And the Gorgon could search for a natural portal to the Shadow World instead of trying to create one; I´m sure he knows of any portals in his domain.
    If what you said is true then the designers of the trilogy didn´t read the sourcebooks ;) .
    wotc = wizards of the cash

Downloads
    Uploads
    and not to mention the Raven is Rumored to be the Son of the cold rider and from what i understand he really doesnt want to go back into the shadow world or he would be traped there for a very long time so why would he travel through it hmmmm oh well thats what ya get when people write about things they dont know.
    Jonathan Rathbun

Downloads
    Uploads
    As far as I remember the Raven needed a body to exit the Shadow World, and he fears that someone may be sending him back, which is why he is so cautious.
    My interpretation is that if his current body is killed his spirit will be trapped in the Shadow World (again). So he could enter and exit the Shadow World easily if he is in possession of a body, which he evidently is according to the sourcebooks.
    wotc = wizards of the cash

Thread Information