Downloads
    Uploads

DColby's Sword of the Anuirean Empire

Discussion thread for DColby's Sword of the Anuirean Empire. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Downloads
    Uploads
    As I rework the Sword of Roele Adventure and am running from the strictly non canon point of view that the sword of Michael Roele was a replica of the Original Roeles' Blade lost in the Khinasi wars....what should the original do/be??

I would love to hear from the community.
    Good Morning Peasant!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would imagine that any great blade of a major dynasty is going to be a legacy weapon. Such a weapon would be a +1 long sword or bastard sword to anyone who uses it, but once a character reaches 5th level its possible to perform rituals to unlock additional powers appropriate to a great emperor (or whoever the sword belonged too).

As I have gone about making some legeacy weapons for great houses, one challenge to overcome is to avoid making them all the same, since the needs of rulers encompase a great deal of overlap. Generally I take inspiration from the blood abilities of the current dynast and try to either cover gaps or accentuate strengths.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Perhaps two versions...one for those of use who have and use the weapons of Legacy product and one for those of us who do not..
    Good Morning Peasant!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    You don't need the product if the weapon is described thoroughly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Agreed, I have and occasionaly make use of the product. But some may not care for the concept or the product itself. If creating a legacy version should some of the abilities be tied to the Roele bloodline itself? Perhaps limiting the weapons usefulness as an adventuring tool, but still remaining a powerful symbol for the political machinations of the owner.
    Good Morning Peasant!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dcolby View Post
    Agreed, I have and occasionaly make use of the product. But some may not care for the concept or the product itself. If creating a legacy version should some of the abilities be tied to the Roele bloodline itself? Perhaps limiting the weapons usefulness as an adventuring tool, but still remaining a powerful symbol for the political machinations of the owner.
    I would have it be tied at least to the derivation if not the specific bloodline, so only scions of Anduris (I forget the proper spelling) can use it.

Thread Information