Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the so-called intervention by Ruornil was actually a realm spell cast by Suris. It serves everybody's interest to claim that it was Ruornil himself. Diemed gets an easy out - we didn't lose, a diety intervened. Pious Suris gets a great recruiting tool. And its not an error to put it that way, because but for the god, Diemed might still be ruling these provinces.

Given that the game has realm spells, it really has no need for direct divine action.

And like Andrew, I don't think gods running around makes the PC's actions seem impressive.

I always thought the lightning bolt was some sort of realm spell versus divine intervention. Or more precisely, a vision to have one of the more powerful mages in the area briefly side with Medoere without them knowing it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I usually go with a Non intervention pact by the gods - based on "half" the worlds Population blowing up the last time they directly intervened.
    (Also for Demons devils, angels and Particuliary other cosmology -forgotten realms gods etc)

This is based on the principle that they have a level of intervention set and agreed upon - that occasionally various gods may cheat on or try to get around but that "mutually assured destruction" will probably be the result if everyone starts intervening.

i.e. The Priest of Belenik gets an avatar assist - Avani can't let him get away with that so she avatars in - so Belenik calls a friend.....

There is a great scene in one of the Gord the Rogue series (good o'l Gary Gygax) where a pact is broken and various sides start porting in every Demon and Devil type under the sun - then various archons register the disturbance on the planes (and breach of the pact) and start porting in. BOOOOOM......
    Gord crawls away across the fused glass of the desert trying not to attract attention.

Downloads
    Uploads
    If you notice, Avani's class is changed to pyromancer (originally Ignamancer and Sorcerer). She has all the abilities of a 25th level Fire Elementalist.
    Regent of Medoere

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hope I would notice

Incidentally, when borrowing Classical roots, it's always helpful to see if a similar word has already been used, e.g. pyromancy (divination through flames) or necromancy (talking to dead spirits). That's generally why you don't hear about thanatomancers or ignamancers.

(I'd also plump for aquaemancy over hydromancy, mainly because the first sounds poetic and the second sounds like a bored technician at a hydroelectric plant.)

Thread Information