Thread: My Apologies

Downloads
    Uploads

My Apologies

For the new Expansion wiki Blunder...I was intending to add the initial sections for my Re-write of the Sword of Roele, however my experience using the wiki is limited and I botched a cut and paste job. It was terrible... very difficult to read unlike the word doc. I am creating...sooo my apologies (Computers to me are like magic to a barbarian)
    Good Morning Peasant!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    :^) That's okay. The wonderful nature of a revision control system like a wiki is that you can fiddle with something until it looks right, and if you end up not liking a change, then you can go back to previous versions.

And remember that even if you don't know how to clean up the appearance of a page, there are plenty of people who do! I have to stop myself sometimes going into pages and adding formatting & links straight away in case someone is still doing major edits!

So I suggest that you start a page for your version of the Sword of Roele (with appropriate Adventure page title, cut'n'paste and format to your heart's content and the rest of us will help you. If it seems too large for one page, then just try breaking it down into sections on separate pages (like what we have sort of done for the BRCS chapters).

Sorontar

Downloads
    Uploads
    Remember the wiki motto: Be Bold!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the encouragement...for now I think I will finish the rewrite then attempt to post it and let all the experts carve it up.. Its looking like its going to be pretty large.
    Good Morning Peasant!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have often found it better to wikify documents before posting them up.

So I try to remove all fonts, double space, spell-check, split into chapters etc before posting - often posting each chapter separately.

If you want to post a contents page or suchlike to me I'll set up the basic wiki outline if you like.

The main reason to split before posting is that very large documents can take an age to preview, and preview is where I find most errors...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw what you'd done and did some tidying to see how it would look. A lot still needs splitting out but it should give you an idea of one way to go about it.

I'd pull out some of the background into a write up of the merchant, plunk the three brother mages into a separate page, add the sword of Roele stats to its page, etc, etc.

I didn't try putting the encounter into a table - I struggle with them but it is do-able...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow,

It is amazing what you and Kguack were able to do with my mess...I had a lot of holiday and recent work obligations and had not been on the site for a while. I will strive to find the time to complete the adventure when my schedule slackens. But again...wow.

Also if anyone wants the actual word document once I am finished I could post it in the downloads..
    Last edited by Dcolby; 07-03-2007 at 05:11 PM.
    Good Morning Peasant!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    A certain amount of this material is just details of canon figures and places, and so stands as the canon descriptions of same. Hence, I suggest some of this detail be moved to Chimaeron and Three Brothers Mages, and the adventure only explains what role these figures or places play in the adventure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kgauck View Post
    A certain amount of this material is just details of canon figures and places, and so stands as the canon descriptions of same. Hence, I suggest some of this detail be moved to Chimaeron and Three Brothers Mages, and the adventure only explains what role these figures or places play in the adventure.
    Agreed, particularly as we don't currently have write-ups for them otherwise, but for the interim it is better to get stuff on the wiki than on in the right place, particularly as relatively few people are putting stuff on. I find that the trouble is if you put the extracts you want for an adventure/other project in a page for the regent/etc in question then you can get dragged into doing that pages write-up instead of finishing the project you were working on...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Agreed, better to get it up somewhere than not get stuff uploaded at all. But now that I'm looking at it. I'm gonna put it in its home, if no one objects.

Thread Information