Downloads
    Uploads

Mead throughout Cerilia

recently i started a new hobby IRL: Mead making.
    as i am still figuring out the complete progres and which kind of meads i am going to use (and various kinds of honey and ingredients) i am also wondering about some names i want to give them.

If you look at the civilisations throughout history and hold them next to the ones in cerilia, then all the regions have similarities.. and would thus have meaderies amongst them.

I am intending on writing an article for the wiki on the use and meaning of Mead throughout cerilia. got some nice ideas about it.

BUT to make it more roleplaying suitable i'd like to have your ideas on some of the finest Meads out there.
    - Name of Mead
    - Name of Brewery/Meadery
    - mead style (dry, sweet, methyglynn, melomel, braggot etc)
    - extra info: name, region, origin secret ingredients etc
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You should probably check the various countries for your own, but I guess my studies (I am a student at the Technological Educational Institute of Athens; School of Foodstuff and Dietary Technology; Department of Winery and Bererage Technology ) could be of some help. If you could be more specific, I would be most glad to help.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by RaspK_FOG View Post
    You should probably check the various countries for your own, but I guess my studies (I am a student at the Technological Educational Institute of Athens; School of Foodstuff and Dietary Technology; Department of Winery and Beverage Technology ) could be of some help. If you could be more specific, I would be most glad to help.
    Ah i did not mean real countries, i am quite familiar with them, from old Sumeria, Ethiopia, eastern Europe, Scandinavian and their uses of mead.

but i am looking for ideas to port that to the birthright countries/regions.
    For example, the Ethiopean Tej (extract of Gesho tree), or Mayan Balche (extract balche tree) could form a base to the Khinasii Meads. etc etc

so by role playing means i am thinking like:
    birthright NPC brewers, locations, specific plant extracts they might have been using. (perhaps it gives some healing effect since honey was also used for medical reasons)

so since you have quite some knowledge about this, it would be too hard for you to come up with some spiffy things
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think Arabian and Sumerian names would be a good hint for Basarji draughts, while Gaelic and Norse names would be fitting for the Rjuven ones; Romanian, Slavic and Russian ones would fit well with the Vos, and I expect Old French and Middle English ones to fit well with the Anuireans, while the Brecht would be a cross-over of Austrian, Flemish, German and Swiss.

I'll also look up on various plants of various regions.

Note that a tankard of mead should count as half a meal for nutritional purposes; theoretically, a grown man could sustain oneself on mead for some time in terms of calories and some vitamins, but loss of liquids from alcoholic consumption (from increased urination and perspiration) could mean that he would need to drink more water.
    Last edited by RaspK_FOG; 07-06-2007 at 03:00 PM.

Thread Information