View Poll Results: Which are the best arms for Cariele?
- 12. You may not vote on this poll
Gules, a Cinquefoil Ermine
Gules, an Otter Argent with a cape Ermine
Gules, a Lion queue-fourché Or
Results 1 to 3 of 3
06-20-2007, 10:37 PM #1
Discussion thread for Category:Domain:Cariele. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.
06-20-2007, 11:57 PM #2
I don't know where the otter with a cape comes from, but that doesn't look like good heraldry to me.
1. Otters don't normally wear capes so there is no established way to represent it.
2. The cape as drawn is hard to recognise as a cape.
3. The cape as drawn is too small to make it worth "colouring" it with a fur.
4. If humour is the basis of an ermine cloak for an ermine (that is blazoned as an otter because in heraldry, they look the same), then why not just place him on an ermine field (i.e. background). That is much simpler and gets rid of the cloak.
As for the one with the lion.... too many arms with lions and too easy. The cinquefoil is my favourite.
06-21-2007, 07:22 AM #3
So far I've blazoned the South Coast and some Heartlands to the north (square maps take up the least disk space), and Dhoesone and Stjordvik, with a smattering of other locations. Only a few realms in Anuire don't have blazon. And I did Danigau as well.
Total lions in any posture are
- Bannien's Deep, Azure, a seemy of crosses Or, a Lion rampant over all Or
- Moergan, Or three Lions rampant Gules
- Tornilen, Sable a Lion rampant, Or
- Sonnelind, Azure a seemy of billetx Or, a Lion rampant over all Or
- Avarien, Or per fess Vert, a Lion rampant Gules
- Serimist, Or, a Lion rampant Gules
- Diemed, Azure, a chief Murry, overall a Lion rampant guardant
- Elinie, Azure, a Lion rampant Or
- Osoerde, Sable, a Leopard Or
- Alamie, Or, a Lion passant, Azure
- Boeruine, Purpure, two Lions combatant, Or
So there are already five realms with lions, so far only one rampant, and only Taeghas and Bronsengae left to go. There are six provinces with lions including about half the realms of Anuire. I'm not planning on any lions in Rjurik. That still may strike you as a lot of lions, or it may not.
Once I finish Elinie (I got distracted putting up content for Dhoesone) I will have a map we could put up showing the arms on a map. An armorial atlas, so to speak.
Its certainly not like the Low Countries, wherein Flanders, Brabrant, Luxemburg, Holland, and Juliers are all lions rampant.
Last edited by kgauck; 06-21-2007 at 07:39 AM. Reason: fix list format
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By kgauck in forum BRWiki DiscussionsReplies: 17Last Post: 06-19-2007, 04:14 AM
By kgauck in forum BRWiki DiscussionsReplies: 13Last Post: 06-08-2007, 04:54 PM
By kgauck in forum BRWiki DiscussionsReplies: 18Last Post: 06-07-2007, 09:52 PM
By Birthright-L in forum The Royal LibraryReplies: 13Last Post: 05-08-2002, 08:02 PM