Thread: The Magian

Hybrid View

Downloads
    Uploads

The Magian

Discussion thread for The Magian. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

So, does anyone have any suggestions?

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, first I'd write the top part as:

Awnshegh Lich Wizard 20
    Lineage: Minor Nobility
    Bloodline: Azrai, 44
    Size/Type: Medium Undead (Awnshegh)
    Hit Dice: 20d12+60 (160 hp)

How on earth can he only be a minor bloodline as any type of awnshegh? Also, if he has 60 bonus hp, his average hp should be 190 hp - you've severely undercut him.

With the skills, don't include ranks and bonuses in brackets, unless it's a variable bonus. If you want to show us how you calculated the skills, feel free to put in this discussion thread or at the bottom of the page.

Aren't you including two levels of Scion (Azrai)? Even so, I'd imagine that his CR would be at least 23.

The term is "prepare" instead of "memorise" in 3rd Edition

Finally, is that all the Magian likes to use his most powerful spell slots on? They seem highly situational.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it is, isn't it? Besides, it was a direct conversion from Blood Enemies.
    Last edited by Elton Robb; 06-18-2007 at 12:24 PM.
    Regent of Medoere

Downloads
    Uploads
    Do third edition scion still have the option of "training" their hitpoints up?

You used to be able to spend a 3 mth action "training" and get a 1 Hp - up to your Hp max.

Personally any approx 1000 year old has probably had enough spare actions to train for max hp if they are that way inclined.

Which also brings me to my next point - the Magian from memory has a one of the few copies of a Bloodline theft spell and power enough to have upgraded his blood line from any number of victims.

As a power obsessed creature he would have done both the above.

In the histories it always strikes me as odd how low a lot of the Major players are in bloodline score (Gorgon, Raven, Rhoube, Magian) especially if they are renouned for blood theft.

Is there anything in the current rules to stop them from gaining more and more bloodline score because even if they only manage to gain one blood point a year....

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    Do third edition scion still have the option of "training" their hitpoints up?
    I think so - but instead of automatically gaining one I think you effectively re-roll hp and gain a hp only if the re-roll exceeds your former total.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    In the histories it always strikes me as odd how low a lot of the Major players are in bloodline score (Gorgon, Raven, Rhoube, Magian) especially if they are renouned for blood theft.

Is there anything in the current rules to stop them from gaining more and more bloodline score because even if they only manage to gain one blood point a year....
    RP conversion should bump the Gorgon regularly given the expanse of his source holdings...

Possibly a limit based on bloodline strength might be useful - or a non arithmetic progression for Rp conversion beyond a certain point.

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Why does the Magian still have a poor 5 hp/HD average? He's 30 hp under average and, if he was going to train his hp, there's an obvious place to start.

Downloads
    Uploads
    You know the Magian has always been a very interesting Awni.. however I tend to avoid using him in games. I guess I was unable to reconcile the whole undead keeping a bloodline thing.

Also since in other writings the "land" reflects the ruler. (The Land and the King are one bit) I always wondered how anything ruled and connected to the blood of a twisted corruption of life could be prosperous or even thriving.

Unless the puppet the Magian rules through is connected to the land and the Awni pulls the strings...hmmm I may have answered my own question.
    Good Morning Peasant!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Think of the Magian's realm and compare it with the Empire in Star Wars. The Magian and Darth Sidious have a lot in common; almost. The Magian has a very noble idea of uniting Cerilia. This is what keeps his realm prosperous. The Magian wants to restore the Anuirean Empire himself, just to bring stability to the Continent.

Darth Sidious wanted to take the Galaxy to get revenge and to restore the Sith Empire. He succeeded, but a few systems threw up their arms in Rebellion and Darth Sidious used it to advance his own political power.
    Regent of Medoere

Thread Information