Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Haelyn (Deities and Demigods)

Discussion thread for Haelyn (Deities and Demigods). If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Exalted Anuirean? Am I missing something? What happened to Outsider etc.?

Downloads
    Uploads
    The first time I proposed this sort thing, somebody said: "They aren't outsiders." So, I had to put something down.
    Regent of Medoere

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually, the outsider type reflects how a being is "not entirely natural." These characters should all have some base levels in their appropriate classes, but they should also have a number of outsider Hit Dice to signify their divine status (apart from their divine rank, of course)... On the other hand, none of them should have the Extraplanar subtype, but the Native one.

P.S.: Silliness is warranted in this case, but let us NOT overdo it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that their transformation into gods completely removed the Native status, even if they're not Extraplanar. After all, they're now divine beings, free from the disadvantages of the Native subtype and, if you follow the D&Dg rules, complete with all the divine advantages, including the Outsider hit dice and Outsider (ethics, morals) type.

Edit: For the record, "Medium-sized" is now just "Medium". Also, "Insider" sounds silly. Just indicating that they're (possibly non-native) non-extra-planar Outsiders should do the same trick.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Gods would have to be the ultimate insiders.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelandrin View Post
    I think that their transformation into gods completely removed the Native status, even if they're not Extraplanar. After all, they're now divine beings, free from the disadvantages of the Native subtype and, if you follow the D&Dg rules, complete with all the divine advantages, including the Outsider hit dice and Outsider (ethics, morals) type.

Edit: For the record, "Medium-sized" is now just "Medium". Also, "Insider" sounds silly. Just indicating that they're (possibly non-native) non-extra-planar Outsiders should do the same trick.
    A couple of Native Outsiders coming up.
    Regent of Medoere

Downloads
    Uploads
    Actually, Thelandrin is correct: I forgot that the Native subtype indicated a creature that was semi-deific and does not much the whole godly theme - which would make using it erroneous. Outsiders are fine, anyway - the entry regarding outsiders reads: "Some creatures start out as some other type and become outsiders when they attain a higher (or lower) state of spiritual existence." If that is not relevant to ascension as well, I wonder what would ever be...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why is Haelyn DvR 20? That is the greatest power that any god can be. Are you intending to make all the Greater Gods that, or just Haelyn? For reference, even people like Zeus and Odin are only DvR 18 or so.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelandrin View Post
    Why is Haelyn DvR 20? That is the greatest power that any god can be. Are you intending to make all the Greater Gods that, or just Haelyn? For reference, even people like Zeus and Odin are only DvR 18 or so.
    Avani is DvR 18.

Elton.
    Regent of Medoere

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would like us to emphasize a little on 3 matters: first, the Native subtype (if you keep it, move it in a parenthesis, though I suggest you do ommit it); secondly, the DR; and, finally, any special powers (attacks/qualities/etc.).

Thread Information