Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I truly don't know if it would work. Man's psychology is all about bringing order to nature. Hmm. I wonder what would happen if the Imperial City became an Urban Forest? If men started planting trees in their yards; if the Sources of Mebhaighl would be repowered.

If you come to Salt Lake City, and look out in some places, you'd wonder why there are so many trees in such an Urban jungle. Anyway, to get back to the Insidious Elven Illuminati (That's all we need, a Darth Sidious running things in one of the Tuars) there are a couple of other loose cannons besides the Magian (who is Birthright's version of Darth Sidious).

The Sword Mage is one particular loose cannon. Gavin Tael can't control "it." The Sword Mage has built a reputation around "it" that allows it to do what "it" wants, despite being Lawful Evil. So, if the Sword Mage perceives an Elvish Illuminati threat, "it" can respond immediately.
    Regent of Medoere

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Elton Robb View Post
    I truly don't know if it would work. Man's psychology is all about bringing order to nature. Hmm. I wonder what would happen if the Imperial City became an Urban Forest? If men started planting trees in their yards; if the Sources of Mebhaighl would be repowered.
    What makes you think there will be a place for humans in the new Sidhelien order? There's no point in bringing back the forests if they're just going to be chopped down again. Humans need to have their psychology changed in order to make them compatible with the resurgent forest (i.e., they need to be changed into half-elves), or they need to be exterminated. All the other species need to be handled similarly. The dwarves are the only ones who might be left as they are, in that they like to live in places where trees don't grow; but if they want to murder trees in order to heat their metal forges, they too will need to be dealt with. The only place for "live and let live" in the Sidhelien reconquest is "humans only get to live so long as they let every tree live; if they cause a tree to die, so too shall they die." The fact that the Sidhelien think this way is why I like Cerilia so much. No nicey-nicey fairies here! Instead, they are implacable embodiments of nature's wrath. Visualize an alternate version of LoTR in which Galadriel takes the ring when Frodo offers it, and extend the destruction by the Huorns of the orcs fleeing Helm's Deep to all of Middle Earth, and you'll grasp what I think the elves of Cerilia have in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Elton Robb View Post
    The Sword Mage is one particular loose cannon. Gavin Tael can't control "it." The Sword Mage has built a reputation around "it" that allows it to do what "it" wants, despite being Lawful Evil. So, if the Sword Mage perceives an Elvish Illuminati threat, "it" can respond immediately.
    Respond yes, but not very effectively. Every non-elf will put up the best struggle they can against the elven juggernaut, but the Magian is the only one with anything like a real chance of success, and that's only if he's got the Cold Rider's active support. If it's just him, even if he allies with the Raven, the Gorgon and the Serpent (and the alliance lasts more than five minutes), then he's still going down. The reason is that powerful as he is, he and his riders are just thirteen powerful individuals. The elves have thousands who can stand up to that power. With standard D&D rules, no human army can possibly stand against elven spellcasting might, so conventional weapons just don't matter. The only real contest is nuclear (magic versus magic). If you don't like that, then the magic rules have to change, and then the Magian himself gets a lot less powerful, too.

Ryan

Thread Information