Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Non Birthright Question

Totaly non Birthright but....I was going through my Basement and was truely staggered by the amount of Game materials and the number of different systems I have "Crap" for. (And a lot of it is crap)

Had a fish tank not ruptured some decades ago and destroyed about 1/2 of what I had at that point I would likely need another basement...

Traveller (From the original little pamphlet style books through to the new 2320 D20 system), Twilight 2000, Shadow Run, Rune Quest, Chivalry and Sorcery, Pendragon, Chill, Vampire, Werewolf, ARS Magica, Legend of the Five Rings, D&D, AD&D, D&D 3.0, D&D 3.5, OGL stuff out the...., and tons of little stuff that was never really supported.

What do the rest of you posess in your "Gaming Library"...any Guilty Pleasures?
    Good Morning Peasant!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    There`s a bunch of second edition (AD&D) and third edition (D&D) stuff I
    have lying around. I have also have a few Alternity books (of which Dark
    Matter is my favorite). I have d20Modern and some other d20 stuff. Of my
    d20 stuff, the only real gem is Mutants & Masterminds, a superb (pardon the
    pun) superhero game that only marginally resembles OGL, and is not,
    technically, d20. I also have Blood of Heroes (revised), which started my
    interest in superhero rpgs. Other gems include Masterbook, and until
    recently, Aria. Aria would have be my ultimate "guilty pleasure".
    Traveller TNE and Fire Fusion & Steel are my best sci-fi products, but no
    one ever wants to play them (can`t say I blame them). I also have Spycraft,
    Spycraft 2.0, Dogs in the Vineyard, and Silhouette CORE, but haven`t played
    them.

At the moment, I`ve refused to run anything d20, and will only run Shadowrun
    4e, Mutants & Masterminds 2e, or Dogs in the Vineyard for my next game (or
    one of my custom creations). However, one of my players recently bought
    Iron Heroes and I there are some things I like about it. If I decide I want
    to learn a whole new rule systems, I might run that to play with an Iron
    Kingdoms or Birthright setting. Otherwise, I`ll likely continue my
    last Mutants & Masterminds game, which I rather enjoyed.

I`m currently involved in two custom projects, adapting/altering other games
    for my own purposes. I have a heavily modified system of Burning Wheel for
    my own custom setting, and I am modifying Warhammer 40,000 to the old GDW
    Space Crusade style, following the brilliant works that Sean Patten
    started.

There. Lots of pleasures. Lots of guilt.

On 6/8/07, Dcolby <brnetboard@birthright.net> wrote:
    >
    > Totaly non Birthright but....I was going through my Basement and was
    > truely staggered by the amount of Game materials and the number of different
    > systems I have "Crap" for. (And a lot of it is crap)
    >
    > Had a fish tank not ruptured some decades ago and destroyed about 1/2 of
    > what I had at that point I would likely need another basement...
    >
    > Traveller (From the original little pamphlet style books through to the
    > new 2320 D20 system), Twilight 2000, Shadow Run, Rune Quest, Chivalry and
    > Sorcery, Pendragon, Chill, Vampire, Werewolf, ARS Magica, Legend of the Five
    > Rings, D&D, AD&D, D&D 3.0, D&D 3.5, OGL stuff out the...., and tons of
    > little stuff that was never really supported.
    >
    > What dot he rest of you posess in your "Gaming Library"...any Guilty
    > Pleasures?
    Last edited by Thelandrin; 06-27-2007 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Vertical space

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shadow Run 4th ed, Mutants and Masterminds 2e (great minds Lord R )

Star Wars Revised (waiting on getting my hands on Saga, I've heard a lot of good stuff on that one).

Alternity (GM is gettting ready to run a new game there), d20 Modern, Deadlands, Castles and Crusades.

I just don't get to play as much D&D as I'd like though - mostly the d20 Modern and others.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Saga has an excellent system, I dare say.

Alternity is a pleasure. ^_^

One of my greatest loves, though, are some few of the old manuals; that I have even caught a glimpse of them is a marvel in its own right! Note that some of my favourites include the PO series, as well as the MotRD series.

I primarily stick with d&d, but i dabble in other things now and then.

vampire (old and new), considering a new werewolf game, d20 modern/future, really wanna run a shadowrun game but dont have all the resources i'd want for it.

and a guilty pleasure? the Angel RPG.... yeah i know, corny and cheesy as it gets, but it's got a really nice modular character generation system, and hands down the smoothest combat system i've ever seen in p&p roleplaying.

I've heard the same good reviews on sw saga, but im not gonna go for it, the whole sw genre has been so flooded it nearly makes me sick

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shadowrun seems to be a pretty constant theme here... I love it, not much into 4th edition...I must be getting old and cranky because I prefer 3rd edition...for which I have nearly everything printed and just don't want to start over LOL...
    Good Morning Peasant!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Haven't seen much Palladium mentioned here... I never got into Rifts, but I have a sizable Robotech RPG collection, and my wife has some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles stuff. She played a lot of Champions and Shadowrun in college, but I never really got into either. I have little bits of Ars Magica, White Wolf's Mage and Changeling, Star Frontiers (a non-D&D TSR sci-fi game) and a Victorian steam-punk-fantasy called "For Faerie, Queen and Country," made for the "Amazing Engine" system. Most of my collection is D&D (colored boxes D&D, plus AD&D editions 1, 2 and 3) but I think that's largely because of how much they've produced over the years; I have a far higher fraction of of those things made for RoleMaster (especially the Middle-Earth supplements), Pendragon (which has my vote for best game mechanics ever), RuneQuest and Hero Wars (love that Glorantha, the best fantasy world ever!).

I don't think any of it's really guilty, though -- except maybe the TMNT.

Ryan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ryancaveney View Post
    Star Frontiers (a non-D&D TSR sci-fi game)
    Ryan
    Now I know I am old...you did not have to tell me that Star Frontiers was an old non D&D TSR game...LOL

I don't have it anymore, but I still have Boothill and GangBusters...
    Good Morning Peasant!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Yeah, I'm one of those old-timers

Aside from AD&D 1 and 2 and 3 and 3.5, including all BR and some Ravenloft, I have...
    RPGs: Space:1889 (everything printed), 2300AD (aka Traveller 2300), Twilight:2000 (1st and 2nd editions, everything printed), d6 Space and d6 Adventure, a little bit of d6 Star Wars, Morrow Project (almost a complete set), Star Frontiers (almost complete), Top Secret (not -/SI). A smattering of GURPS, including the Prime Directive sets. A little bit of Star Trek RPG from FASA.
    Board wargames-- about 50, mostly WW2, and nearly all from the '80s-- they're getting rather expensive in time and money. Practically all of the Europa series (a linkable set of WW2 in Europe games, covering the whole theater from Africa to the Urals). No less than three separate editions of Star Fleet Battles, plus the Federation & Empire and Federation Commander spin-offs. Squad Leader (not Advanced, just the four 'classics'). I think there's some Battletech, a donation from one of my brothers who played it a lot in the '90s. Two dozen old magazine games from SPI that I've not even opened yet.
    A big sealed box (about the size of a laundry basket) of my WW3 boardgames, from various companies. When the USSR went poof and my intended Army career disappeared, the desire to play these pretty much evaporated, too.
    A growing collection of Euro games and low-complexity wargames for my wife and 2 sons to learn on. Memoir '44, Axis & Allies, Conquest of the empire, Twilight Imperium, High ground.
    Miniatures-- how about 2 dozen ships for Pirates collectible game, several dozen tanks (see WW3 interest), 10 companies' worth of Martians and humans for Space:1889 battles, and far, far too many D&D minis to count.
    Oh, yeah, let's hit the rest of my hobbies. I also have a model railroad (unscenic-ed, but choked full of cars and locomotives), and a small genealogy & family history collection. It's rather crowded in my basement.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Board wargames
    Now that's what I like to hear! One of the reasons I like BR so much is that it lets me play a board wargame that's part of an RPG, which most of my buddies prefer.

Practically all of the Europa series (a linkable set of WW2 in Europe games, covering the whole theater from Africa to the Urals)
    Oh, yeah! Fire in the East + Scorched Earth = 7,000+ counters on a map that stretches eight feet from Murmansk to Iran and four feet from Berlin to Astrakhan, with bits of the Caucasus hanging off my 4x8 table. Two weeks per game turn, with most units at division or regimental scale, and Moscow is seven hexes... now THAT's a game. I hope somebody at GDW got a master's degree out of the research that went into the order of battle. Bigger even than Avalon H's The Longest Day, which has nicer chrome in its period (distinctly non-NATO) unit symbols. =) My only objection to Europa as the perfect WWII ETO strategic game is that its CRT doesn't handle the low unit density of North Africa well at all.

Federation & Empire
    Ship count is just too important there, sadly. Properly-managed Klingons can control the game too easily.

Squad Leader (not Advanced, just the four 'classics')
    I got into those just before they released ASL, so I bought lots of that, too. I think I could field several divisions out of squad-size counters. =) I have them organized in those big metal boxes with dozens of little clear plastic pull-out trays, like they use to sort loose nuts and bolts at the hardware store.

I think there's some Battletech
    Yes, I have lots of that, too. Not much of the RPG in the same universe, but their Mercenary's Handbook had a very nice system of unit design and contract negotiation (which was mentioned here several years ago by someone other than me... Lord Rahvin, maybe?).

Ryan

Thread Information