Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Undead Legion

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTall View Post

I decided I could get exactly the effect I was looking for in undead (fodder legions) with a temporary golem-like creation I called Cwshegh. Statistics, etc, etc were identical to those of skeletons and zombies, but they were made of entwined branches, leaves, grasses, etc and animated by various minor nature/elemental spirits. They were slightly more flammable than the usual undead admittedly but otherwise it was just a matter of saying that they were animated by positive/elemental energy, all clerical turning simply repelled/destroyed them and voila - elf friendly 'undead'.
    Sound more like "constructs" than "undead". It would be logical to have clerics of Eric (or Reynir before the big boom) be able to "turn" these "natural constructs".

In 3.5 rules

Air domain would work against earth creatures and Plant domain would work against plant creatures. Using BRCS - clerics of Erik have access to both.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by irdeggman View Post
    Sound more like "constructs" than "undead". It would be logical to have clerics of Eric (or Reynir before the big boom) be able to "turn" these "natural constructs".

In 3.5 rules

Air domain would work against earth creatures and Plant domain would work against plant creatures. Using BRCS - clerics of Erik have access to both.
    I would say that undead are simply one type of construct - powered by negative energy rather than positive and using a pre-existing frame rather than a purpose built one, but that may be my ignorance of 3.5e terminology.

I thought of just letting druids turn the Cwshegh, but realised that druids can't actually turn anything at present and the power would either be ridiculously limited (by only affecting one type of rare monster) or unbalancing (by affecting many without other abilities being lost). By changing turning to target anything otherwordly in nature it would catch both positively and negatively powered constructs (golems and undead), but could also be used against Fey and the like - which seemed fitting in BR. That left the Rjurik more vulnerable against them - which allowed the emergence to be a credible threat.

But yes, I would have thought that a cleric might steal control of the Cwshegh or liberate the inhabiting spirit by use of air/plant domain spells.

Downloads
    Uploads
    AFAIC, barbarian rage, druidical wildshape, the shape changing doom, the battle rage doom, and clerical turning are the same kinds of energy channeled in different directions.

If druids need to turn plant constructs I'd let them do so by sacrificing one wildshape.

Characters can take feats to more easily allow conversion between forms of energy (barbarian druids who can shift a rage to get an animal shape).

How you channel this energy is culturally and patron god dependent. You can't take a feat to get applications you didn't already have access to because of an existing class feature or doom feat.

Thread Information