I have attempted to determine the experience, equipment of individuals within a unit, as well as their number. I would like to share this with you for thoughts, comments and critique.

Why calculate the muster and upkeep cost of individuals within a unit?

More detailed combat systems like that of Cry Havoc look at the individual level to calculate the stats of the entire unit. Moreover, players generally like to know exactly how many troops they have under their command, their level of experience and how they are equipped; knowing that their unit of knights consists of 30 3rd level fighters with detailed equipment ads flavour to a campaign and allows players to deal with individuals in the unit.

Based on XP cost, Challenge rating and equipment cost I have come up a formula to calculate the detailed info on units. This formula led me to easily reconstruct the BRCS units for the same price in Gold bars, but with more information regarding their experience, equipment and numbers:

Archers: 100 1st level warriors, with roughly 100 gp of equipment 2 GB
Infantry: 100 1st level warriors, with roughly 100 gp of equipment 2 GB
Pikemen: 100 1st level warriors, with roughly 100 gp of equipment 2 GB
Seasoned Scout: 30 3rd Experts with roughly 500 gp of equipment 3GB
Elite inf.: 80 2nd level warriors/ 1st level fighters with roughly 250 gp of equipment 4GB
Md. Cavalry: 40 3rd warriors/ 2nd level fighters with roughly 500 gp of equipment 4GB
Knights: 30 4th level warriors/ 3rd level fighters with roughly 1000 gp of equipment 6 GB

Calculated from the following unit prices…

10 1st level NPC class with roughly 100 gp of equipment: 0.2 GB
10 2nd level NPC class/ 1st level PC class with roughly 250 gp of equipment: 0.5 GB
10 3rd level NPC class/ 2nd level PC class with roughly 500 gp of equipment: 1 GB
10 4th level NPC class/ 3rd level PC class with roughly 1000 gp of equipment: 2 GB
10 5th level NPC class/ 4th level PC class with roughly 1750 gp of equipment: 3.5 GB
10 6th level NPC class/ 5th level PC class with roughly 2250 gp of equipment: 5.5 GB
10 7th level NPC class/ 6th level PC class with roughly 4000 gp of equipment: 8 GB