Downloads
    Uploads

Linking Regents together

Hello All! I have a party who want to play the regents of Talinie and Touronen. Does anyone have any ideas for developing a reason for these regents to adventure together? I am currently limited to having them fight goblins in the lands between the two countries.

Also, how do you approach multiple regent parties? Not every adventure can benefit both regents.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by stv2brown1988 View Post
    Hello All! I have a party who want to play the regents of Talinie and Touronen. Does anyone have any ideas for developing a reason for these regents to adventure together? I am currently limited to having them fight goblins in the lands between the two countries.

Also, how do you approach multiple regent parties? Not every adventure can benefit both regents.
    Growing threat in the Five Peaks.
    Talinie and Tuornen border this savage realm...

You can also try running Warlock of the Stonecrown (TSR 3110 AD&D Birthright Adventure). It is placed in the Five Peaks.

It is a bit tricky for Tuornen regent, so far it kept away from Avanil/Boeruine theatre, and Talinie is a vassal of Boeruine. Some might see this cooperation as Tuornen taken sides. But I would start cooperation in Five Peaks, then go to Talinie's support Boeruine with the elves of Rhuobhe, which would try to flank 'em from the east over the Tuornen border. Then Talinie might be sent as a part of Archudke's decree to help Tuornen fend of Alamie pretensions. Thus two realms, might gain respect for eachother. Maybe Talinie would like to bring Tuors to Northern Imperial Temple, but Western Imperial Temple, as well as Militant Order of Cuiraecen would object that. All in all, Tuornen player must be carefull, and never forget in what delicate position it is at the present.

The only logical course for a constant cooperation would be if they would somehow (like conquering some of the Five Peaks) border each other. Or in continual campaign to crush some powerful enemy in the Five Peaks, like the Warlock, or the Eyeless One, or fighting the Vos of the Five Peaks (like a crusade module), or hunt the Lifesbane the Dragon.

But they can easily cooperate in small intrigues and events that arose during Sword and Crown or some other important procession. Even go on various "fetch an item" or "save the princess" adventure modules that would further their own agendas. But its a longshot...
    Last edited by ShadowMoon; 05-11-2007 at 11:16 AM.
    "If the wizards and students who lived here centuries ago had practiced control - in their spellcasting and in their dealings with the politics of the empire - you would be studying in a tall tower made by the best dwarf stone masons, not in an old military barracks."
    Applied Thaumaturgy Lector of the Royal College of Sorcery to new generation of students.

Downloads
    Uploads
    A marriage alliance, either now or in the near past makes these regents brothers (in-law) or cousins.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by kgauck View Post
    A marriage alliance, either now or in the near past makes these regents brothers (in-law) or cousins.
    Damn, I knew I missed something ^^;
    "If the wizards and students who lived here centuries ago had practiced control - in their spellcasting and in their dealings with the politics of the empire - you would be studying in a tall tower made by the best dwarf stone masons, not in an old military barracks."
    Applied Thaumaturgy Lector of the Royal College of Sorcery to new generation of students.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That Marriage makes beoruine dance a jig and Avan turn his baleful eye on Tuornin...Sounds like fun...
    Good Morning Peasant!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Another possibility is fostering in youth.

A friendship made while children could endure as adults - possibly the regent of one realm is the only person the regent of the other knows for certain will be absolutely honest with them.

I.e. the regent of Talinie knows that the regent of Tuornen won't be blinded by the 'inneffable manifest will of Haelyn' but will honestly say what they think of the Talinie regent's ideas.

Fostering shouldn't be uncommon imho - its a cheap way of winning allies and 'discouraging ambition', and it has canon behind it - Aubrae Avan certainly got around...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTall View Post
    Aubrae Avan certainly got around...
    I heard that about her...
    Good Morning Peasant!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the Help!

I appreciate it.

Thread Information