Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Danigau

Downloads
    Uploads
    OK, I haven't heard form Kay in a looong time so the PS has ground to a halt.

I attach the latest draft - the text is probably familiar to people who've looked on the wiki but it looks far better in Kay's draft PS!

If you want a me to email you the province map (a jpeg file that's too big to upload that's drawn by Kay on the same scale as a nation map but with the borders tweaked to fit my presumptions) or a quote chart let me know.

My thanks to Kay (art director, typesetter and for being eternally cheerful - to the point of perkiness at times), Kenneth Gauck (data-mine, sounding board and ideas font), Solmyr (who wrote the original history that I swiped and expanded), and ShadowMoon (who missed the PS but did some great shields that would've gone in if I could have figured out how to do it) for their help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't read it thoroughly, but I like what I've skimmed so far!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Go ahead and beam me the map, please. I've found some typos, would you like some editing?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Go ahead and beam me the map, please. I've found some typos, would you like some editing?
    I found some typo's too - but lost contact with Kay before I could go through them and get the pdf updated . By all means update the wiki version http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/Danigau and/or email me a list of corrections in word.

PM me your email and I'll send the map, would you like the quote chart as well? It shows the people in each quote chain (although the roman numerals perform the same function).

Similarly Kay (a non-native English speaker) commented that possibly I should simplify the language a tad so if any part is unreadable or otherwise unintelligible let me know. Glad you liked it btw, took a lot of doing!

Downloads
    Uploads
    this is looking great, wooouu i am really suprised, great work people !!!!!!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks to Kay and Shadowmoon who are finishing off the PS.

I changed the province borders slightly - mostly because Kantswach was ridiculously large, but also to give Danigau a slightly better terrain mix by following natural borders more.

I attach maps of the original and modified borders (both made by Kay).

What do people think? Kay is working on a map of all Cerilia - are the boundary changes something that should be 'PSD only' or should they be incorporated in other maps?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That looks good, Andrew. Now if only I could remember where I put my Havens of the Great Bay for comparison!

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks groovy!

Now, for cover, it's Player's Secrets and not Player Secret's. And the font used for Danigau on cover looks out of place. At least for me.

62 pages? Are you setting a new standard for PS?
    Rey M. - court wizard of Tuarhievel

Downloads
    Uploads
    The cover is a work in progress - ShadowMoon is way ahead of me on that. As for the page count it was 65 on the latest draft I saw as the artwork and 'shield' layout spaces it out a bit.

Still, if Dhoesone ever gets finished (barring a seriously napalm-minded editor) then it will be significantly bigger, the partial draft was 80 something pages! The trouble is that there are so many factions and provinces that it's a nightmare even just trying to skim them (which is why the PS hasn't twitched in months but someday I'll get back to it).

Now I need to do a final read of Kay's snazzy version of the PS, give ShadowMoon the data he asked for, etc, etc and PSD will be done...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Doing a PS of the factions and their core regions would make more sense for Dhoesone.

Thread Information