Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Danigau

Danigau

Discussion thread for Danigau. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm.

I am currently working on a PS for Danigau - the latest draft is on the wiki. The 'final' version is being typeset, having art added, etc by Kay at the moment - so if you spot anything that needs fixing now is the time to say...

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll take a look after the weekend

I didn't actually create anything, I forgot red meant "not created yet." So...er..oops.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Autarkis View Post
    I didn't actually create anything, I forgot red meant "not created yet." So...er..oops.

Actually you hit the discussion page - hitting a red link just creates a draft page for you to start to fill - and 'back page' gets you out of it without saving...

Satchkep45 (he who refuses PM's and has no email address in his wiki username) has added a few interesting bits, but sadly I broke the 36 page standard for PS's slightly and so shouldn't add anything more unless the piece is truly great or the need is dire, plus poor Kay has already type-set, etc it all once and then found I'd sent her the wrong version so all her hard work was wasted.

I'll send a copy of Danigau to you Thelandrin, but Kay may be working on the final already and I can't ask her to start over again if she has (I've done it too often already). It may be handy though (given the correction's that you have been making on the wiki) for you to post a short wiki piece on the use of apostrophe's (including the non-use of greengrocer's) commas and semicolons to reduce future transgressions, I can't promise that it will work (I suffer from a comprehensive education where grammar was deemed both unnecessary and socially divisive) but at least it would remove the excuse

Downloads
    Uploads

Danigau: Coat of Arms

I was inspired by kgauck's Coat of Arms of Danigau, so I made my version of His shield. So I owe whole concept to Him (kgauck), I just repainted it from scratch cause I have very demanding crew here ^^;...
    I drew a Sword behind the Staff on purpose, cause Danigau is rulled by one of Cerilia's most powerful wizards, and added Lillies cause in my campaign I use 'em in Brecht aristocracy as symbol of the old noble lineage. I want to commend kgauck for black tower background pattern, which perfectly symbolizes the capital of Danigau ; Blackgate.

Anyway, I wanted to share my version of the Danigau heraldry...

Old version (kgauck):

New version (ShadowMoon):

If You like it, let me know and I'll put it on Danigau section of BR Wiki...
    Last edited by ShadowMoon; 09-14-2007 at 03:05 AM.
    "If the wizards and students who lived here centuries ago had practiced control - in their spellcasting and in their dealings with the politics of the empire - you would be studying in a tall tower made by the best dwarf stone masons, not in an old military barracks."
    Applied Thaumaturgy Lector of the Royal College of Sorcery to new generation of students.

Downloads
    Uploads
    In the "Heavens of the Great Bay" (TSR 3129 AD&D Birthright), Blackgate Stormlords (Danigau Knights) have Black Tower on Red Background, so I just added another possible version of Danigau Coat of Arms...

PS: Book states that Danigau motto is present on their Coat of Arms; it says " Danigau holds its own." in Altenbrecht. So if someone knows how would it look on archaic German or Dutch please let me know, and I'll add it on the heraldry...

Something like this but more clear maybe:

Hm...
    Last edited by ShadowMoon; 09-14-2007 at 08:18 AM.
    "If the wizards and students who lived here centuries ago had practiced control - in their spellcasting and in their dealings with the politics of the empire - you would be studying in a tall tower made by the best dwarf stone masons, not in an old military barracks."
    Applied Thaumaturgy Lector of the Royal College of Sorcery to new generation of students.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Definatly upload it.

Downloads
    Uploads
    ShadowMoon schrieb:
    > This post was generated by the Birthright.net message forum.
    > You can view the entire thread at:
    > http://www.birthright.net/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=3763
    > ShadowMoon wrote:
    > In the "Heavens of the Great Bay" (Birthright AD&D), Blackgate Stormlords (Danigau Knights) have Black Tower on Red Background, so I just added another possible version of Danigau Coat of Arms...
    >
    > http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/920/danigaushield01yp0.png
    >
    > PS: Book states that Danigau motto is present on their Coat of Arms; it says " Danigau holds its own." in Altenbrecht. So if someone knows how would it look on archaic German or Dutch please let me know, and I`ll add it on the heraldry...
    >
    A historical motto in old german would be "Lewer duad üs Slav!" or
    "Lever düd as Slav!" - meaning "Rather dead than slave". It´s from
    Friesland, the coastal parts of Northern Germany and the northern
    Netherlands and would IMO be fitting for Danigau which is fiercely
    independant even in the face of the Anuirean Empire at it´s strongest
    time invading.
    Nowadays germans literal translation of "Danigau holds it own" could be
    "Danigau besteht allein"

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that the white and red optiond may well be symbolic of both ruler and knightly order, whereas the motto & scroll might be used only to indicate the state's arms. Just some thoughts.

Thread Information