Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I love the Tower Ships... I've always really enjoyed the Brecht setting... especially playing either a Guilder or a Rogue. Very fun. :)

as for the pbem, i'll have to check it out. :)

Downloads
    Uploads
    In fact, play multiple characters in the campaign. Its fun.
    Explain how this is a signature, its not my handwriting.

The hardest part was teaching the bunnies to hug. -Duke Phillips

Downloads
    Uploads
    Guys , i really think that Rjurik is something that suits very much the whole setting.The scenery , tha realms , politics...many challenges for the PCs and small in size.I think it's ideal for a good , average size PBEM...
    Are you sure Attila the hun was human ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    I went with Anuire. I picture it as something between France and England so it was not too hard for me to get a feel for how it would play.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been lucky enough to run campaign games in every region but the Vos lands. To me, the Khinasi lands are the most interesting.

The region haves more than its fair share of awnshegh and the nefarious agents of the Serpent are great antagonists. The lands have widely varied environments, desert and jungle being unique to the area. The distinct difference in culture is fun to roleplay (sayim especially), a nice change from the usual medieval European society.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i led my players into the burrows, discarded the halfing society, and created a "new" domain for that.

from there i could enter every region i wanted, bretur, khinasi or vosgaard. the players like it alot

A.
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Birthright Developer
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Every region of Birthright is attractive to me as a place to set a campaign. However, Anuire remains the easiest for a typical gaming group to envision. Plus, Anuire has a lot of great adventure hooks that the other realms lack, such as the Imperial City.

The Heartless Wastes strike me as a tough place to begin a campaign, but potentially one of the most rewarding of all.

I like that they detailed Anuire more than the other realms, and left some areas open for the DM to decide what's really going on there.
    -Sincerely,
    Ross

Downloads
    Uploads
    When we first stated playing in the birthright campaign about 2 to 3 years ago I played a Brecht mage. He was very nationalistic and always talked up the brecth way of life. It just stuck when it came time for me to run my own campaign. Not only that but I am a huge H.P. Lovecraft fan and the Kraken and all the little costal towns make it like Innsmoth all over the nation. That is why I chose to run my games in Brecthur. In the future I will try the Voslands but that is way in the future.
    A unemployed jester is nobody's foole.

Senior Member marcum uth mather's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For me, as a D.M. its the Highlands. So many of the countrues are on the brink, its easy to start a kindom there. But as a Palidin loving player i like Anurie.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I like the Khinasi flair, that's why I prefer it. Dschinn, flying carpets, civilisation ;) and so on. I like also to play in Anuire and Rjurik. The only campaigns I don't want to play in are Brechtür (to confusing) and Vosgaard (to barbarian).
    May Khirdai always bless your sword and his lightning struck your enemies!

Thread Information