May I translate BR.wiki?

Hi guys.

I'm fan of BR setting since AD&D, and surprised your great works on d20 BRCS. Great Job!

I want to introduce Birthright d20 to my korean RPG friends, and I'm admin of korean RPG wiki ( http://trpgkorea.wikia.com/ ).

May I translate contents of BR.wiki on my korean RPG wiki?

Thank you.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by BadMiddle View Post
    Hi guys.

I'm fan of BR setting since AD&D, and surprised your great works on d20 BRCS. Great Job!

I want to introduce Birthright d20 to my korean RPG friends, and I'm admin of korean RPG wiki ( http://trpgkorea.wikia.com/ ).

May I translate contents of BR.wiki on my korean RPG wiki?

Thank you.
    Hi,
    You are always welcome to translate contents from the BR wiki to another language, but you may not move it outside Birthright.net.
    Birthright.net has a special agreement with WotC which alows us to use copyrighted material. (see the license agreement) and all work is derative which means you need to have an approvement of all contributers, BRnet and WotC before you can use it.

There are a couple of ways on how to make the translated stuff available.
    You can put it up as a PDF in the download section, or even translate pages on the BR wiki itself (like a turkish translation on classes)

If you are planning on a full scale translation here on BRnet/BRwiki we'll have to look into that what seems the best way to implement it.
    Last edited by Sorontar; 05-10-2007 at 07:43 AM. Reason: just avoid ambiguities
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

OK, I'll start up translation in easy stages

Downloads
    Uploads
    Multi-language Birthright, sounds awesome...

Keep in mind, as long as Forum is on English, there is no risk of community splitting.

So other than English one (the main one), we'll have Korean and Turkish. I suppose that I could volonteur for Croatian version if there would be any need. Though I doubt it.

Anyway, Korea prepare to claim Your Birthright...

^^;
    "If the wizards and students who lived here centuries ago had practiced control - in their spellcasting and in their dealings with the politics of the empire - you would be studying in a tall tower made by the best dwarf stone masons, not in an old military barracks."
    Applied Thaumaturgy Lector of the Royal College of Sorcery to new generation of students.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i am currently looking into an extension for making multilingual pages.

it basicaly checks your local settings and puts the language indentifier after a page title in case it exists, otherwise it displays the default one.

for example, lets say you have set your language to Korean, the main page of BRwiki will become http://www.birthright.net/brwiki/index.php/Main_Page/ko

ill keep you posted
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Thank you Arjan. I'll advertize this Great News and invite some supporters

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMoon View Post
    Multi-language Birthright, sounds awesome...

Keep in mind, as long as Forum is on English, there is no risk of community splitting.

So other than English one (the main one), we'll have Korean and Turkish. I suppose that I could volonteur for Croatian version if there would be any need. Though I doubt it.

Anyway, Korea prepare to claim Your Birthright...

^^;
    why not, but most people in Croatia who play RPG are familiar whit English but it would be nice non the less

Thread Information