Thread: Class

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Class

Discussion thread for Class. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

As the number of classes grow (just see the Classes and PrCs page), the oft-referenced but non-existent page Category:Classes will probably need to be done. Why not make this page the category page and kill two birds with one stone?

Downloads
    Uploads
    It may just be my mis-interpretation, but I understood that the category pages should mainly be indexes rather than 'interesting' pages in their own right.

As long as it turns up when you search for classes though I don't see that it matters.

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, that's precisely what's happened with Category:Awnsheglien to avoid lots of duplication. Maybe it should happen with Classes too.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I know it's what happened with awnies, my worry is that when you search for awnie it takes you to the standard page - not the category.

So if we use the cat as the 'name page' for something it won't be found on a search.

And if you duplicate, what happens when one page is updated and not the other?

I would stick with category = index and a short bit of fluff and everything else is on the name page, but I'm open to persuasion.

Maybe if the search pulled up a 'category X' ahead of page 'x', as page X should be able to be found via the category...

By the way, stubs with cats (i.e. lots of awnies) don't seem to list on the cat page and are shown as orphans, could they be shown but with the suffix (stub) instead?

Thread Information