Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Birthright Original Portraits and Artwork

I wondered if BRCS would ever use Birthright awesome original artwork. Honestly I don't know any of legal stuff related to intelectual property and/or artwork.

Anyway, I colourized for fun two Birthright NPCs; Rogr Aglondier and the Sword Mage.

I posted it together with its B/W originals. Regretfully I know not the names of original artists.

Rogr Aglondier is from Player's Secrets of Ilien (TSR 3108; AD&D Birthright).
    The Sword Mage is from The Book of Magecraft (TSR 3117; AD&D Birthright).

PS: WOTC plz, don't sue me... ^^;
    Last edited by ShadowMoon; 05-09-2007 at 12:08 AM.
    "If the wizards and students who lived here centuries ago had practiced control - in their spellcasting and in their dealings with the politics of the empire - you would be studying in a tall tower made by the best dwarf stone masons, not in an old military barracks."
    Applied Thaumaturgy Lector of the Royal College of Sorcery to new generation of students.

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't they have a completely different picture of Rogr Aglondier in the main BR box? He's depicted as a short, fat, laughing man, who reminds me eerily of a Gnome.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Perhaps the worries and cares of rulership have worn down poor Rogr??
    Good Morning Peasant!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    For the record, I really like the work you've done. Technically, your coloured artwork is considered derivative artwork, but still.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, the Rogr of the Ruins of Empire from the original boxed set seems to be a very happy fellow with reddish hair. The Rogr in the PS of Ilien looks very grim.

Nice color application on the Sword Mage.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaleela View Post
    Yes, the Rogr of the Ruins of Empire from the original boxed set seems to be a very happy fellow with reddish hair. The Rogr in the PS of Ilien looks very grim.

Nice color application on the Sword Mage.
    Well it could be that happy gnome-like old man is Moeran Aglondier, the old Count of Ilien.

Anyway, grim dawn theme on Rogr Aglondier could hue his hear, as well as highlight his gray streaks (old age maybe). His eyes show eldritch infusion, prolly taken in wilds, forging a lay line. At least thats what I had in mind.

And I went for purple-violet-reddish on the Sword Mage to depict her infernal focus (in my campaign the Sword Mage is a female) on Demon summoning and binding.
    Last edited by ShadowMoon; 05-08-2007 at 08:14 PM.
    "If the wizards and students who lived here centuries ago had practiced control - in their spellcasting and in their dealings with the politics of the empire - you would be studying in a tall tower made by the best dwarf stone masons, not in an old military barracks."
    Applied Thaumaturgy Lector of the Royal College of Sorcery to new generation of students.

Downloads
    Uploads
    hmmm, Rogr before and after he inherited the crown?

The pictures look good btw.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Then again, are we sure that that it is a picture of Rogr? How do we know it's not his mystery successor?

(Silly question - I wasn't even aware that there was an Ilien PS. Whereabouts can it be found?)

Downloads
    Uploads
    I did this one today...

Colour scheme is taken from the necromancer on the cover of The Book of Magecraft. I read somewhere that it is the necromancer Quirad al-Dinn on the cover art.

Quirad al-Dinn is from The Book of Magecraft (TSR 3117; AD&D Birthright).

Last edited by ShadowMoon; 05-09-2007 at 12:29 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That recolouring changes his expression. Whereas the B/W picture appears to be glowering at you, the coloured one appears to be looking skyward for inspiration!

Thread Information