Downloads
    Uploads

House Rules HalfElf ShadowMoon (version by: ShadowMoon)

Discussion thread for User:ShadowMoon/House Rules HalfElf ShadowMoon. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting, but why do half-Elves get a racial level to take, when no other humanoids (short of bugbears and awn/ehrsheghlien) get this dubious benefit?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelandrin View Post
    Interesting, but why do half-Elves get a racial level to take, when no other humanoids (short of bugbears and awn/ehrsheghlien) get this dubious benefit?

Goblin is a basic Race, and as it takes levels in Goblin, it becomes a Hobgoblin, and further a Bugbear.

Elves and Dwarves have Racial Levels too, I just haven't posted them yet.

As well as all other Racial Templates, like Shade, Lycanthrope, and/or Yuan-Ti.

Half-Elves gets to get one level, because they have basic racial abilities of a non-elven race it originaly belongs to, plus those minor basic Half-Elven abilities. That one level is simply reserved for advanced Sidhe-like abilities. Because Half-Elf is a Racial Template, rather than a Race. Besides it keeps the balance, and avoids Level Adjustment.
    Last edited by ShadowMoon; 05-08-2007 at 03:55 PM.
    "If the wizards and students who lived here centuries ago had practiced control - in their spellcasting and in their dealings with the politics of the empire - you would be studying in a tall tower made by the best dwarf stone masons, not in an old military barracks."
    Applied Thaumaturgy Lector of the Royal College of Sorcery to new generation of students.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Seems to be simply some kind of Paragon class. This variant rules are very polular meanwhile, so why not creating/ adjusting some for BR too..
    May Khirdai always bless your sword and his lightning struck your enemies!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Seems to be simply some kind of Paragon class. This variant rules are very polular meanwhile, so why not creating/ adjusting some for BR too..
    Yes but Paragon class is an advancement of the basic race, it goes beyond original race abilities. So in my campaign if I would implement Paragon levels, they would be addition to existing Racial Classes and/or Racial Templates. Like having Half-Elf Racial Template with one level, and having a Half-Elf Paragon with up to three more levels. But Paragons are to fantastic for my taste.

I am more inclined to have Savage Species system for more advanced Races and/or Racial Templates. Thats why my Dwarves, Elves, Goblins, and Orogs have Racial Levels (because in my BR campaign they have LA, but Savage Species system is much more "natural" and balanced), and Awnsheghlien, Ersheghlien, Half-Elves, Lycanthropes, Shades, and Yuan-Ti have Racial Template levels, because they are not "real" races.
    Last edited by ShadowMoon; 05-08-2007 at 03:56 PM.
    "If the wizards and students who lived here centuries ago had practiced control - in their spellcasting and in their dealings with the politics of the empire - you would be studying in a tall tower made by the best dwarf stone masons, not in an old military barracks."
    Applied Thaumaturgy Lector of the Royal College of Sorcery to new generation of students.

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    People don't often say that Savage Species is balanced I know what you mean though, like the shegh advancement classes.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelandrin View Post
    People don't often say that Savage Species is balanced I know what you mean though, like the shegh advancement classes.
    Well yeah, but as long as we know what I mean all is OK...

^^;
    Last edited by ShadowMoon; 05-08-2007 at 12:54 PM.

Thread Information