I have read the rules for Birthright 3E ver 3.08 and tried to impliment them in my campaign. The way I read the rules is as follows:

if you kill a blooded character with say 10 Bloodscore then 10*8=80 RP are unleashed on the blooded characters within 80ft (radius?). each blooded character is affected by their share of the RP to a maximum of twice their blood score. eg a character with bloodscore 20 could take 40 RP. This is then transferred into bloodscore points by dividing by 8 ie 5 points in this case. So he would move to 25 bloodscore.

This seems to mean that anyone who singlehandedly commmits bloodtheft of someone with 25% of their own bloodscore would get maximum benifit and that the benifit would be an increase in bloodscore of 25%.

This would mean that high bloodscore characters would be out to kill low level blooded chracters, whereas the low level characters could only benifit 25% of their small total if they were to kill a high blooded chracter.

My problem with this is that a guy with bloodscore 20 kills 4 other bloodscore ten guys (one at a time) and increases from 20 to 25 to 31 to 38 to 47. While a bloodscore 4 guy would go from 4 to 5 to 6 to 7 to 8.

I thought that the idea was to go out and kill strong blooded characters to improve not kill off weak ones.

Comments?

Gav