Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Avan Tribute

Downloads
    Uploads
    Since this post is going again, what would you say Avan demands in tribute from Mieres?

I personally am having Avanese troops the only troops allowed in Mieres, levies allowed under war conditions, and Avan's navy the only ships doing commerce. This is at the start of course. Arron Vaumel will begin his own style of defiance later on with his own style of "navy".

My idea is this colony is being robbed practically blind by Avan however he will defend it with his armies and navy. He does not trust Vaumel to let him have free reign and he is only a governor who is appointed by the prince.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Mhistecai must be the prince's worst nightmare, then. Her colony is only on loan to him, and he's not giving it back. She'll probably get it soon, though.
    Explain how this is a signature, its not my handwriting.

The hardest part was teaching the bunnies to hug. -Duke Phillips

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Magian

Since this post is going again, what would you say Avan demands in tribute from Mieres?

I personally am having Avanese troops the only troops allowed in Mieres, levies allowed under war conditions, and Avan's navy the only ships doing commerce. This is at the start of course. Arron Vaumel will begin his own style of defiance later on with his own style of "navy".

My idea is this colony is being robbed practically blind by Avan however he will defend it with his armies and navy. He does not trust Vaumel to let him have free reign and he is only a governor who is appointed by the prince.
    I would support that theory... though Avan would most likely need to keep a very close eye on Vaumel to get the fair share of his 25%. Regular inspections every six months would probably be insufficient. A full time ambassador would be better (though the ambassador would mostly likely end up as corrupt as Vaumel before long) The realm is just to far away to be threatened by words and laws. It would mostly likely involve full time garrisons of Avan's troops... much like the Brits in early America.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Thread Information